Chapter 20

20

___

the night goes, the morning passes, and noon arrives. Yoongi lays on his back, still wide awake. he shifts on the bed and grabs his phone.

"23 missed calls - 15 new messages"

he throws the phone back on the bed and rubbing his temples as the pain of the hangover takes over he heads to the bathroom.

after the shower, physically he feels a little lighter. but as his mind clears and the memories comeback to him, in terms of the mental weight, he feels heavier than before.
after getting dressed he goes to kitchen and makes himself some coffee. just then the bell rings and he opens up to find Mark on the other side a file in his hand.

Yoongi leaves the door open and sits on a kitchen stool.
"sir this is everything on Lee Sung Chul"
he puts the file on the counter "and it's a lot"
Yoongi looks at the closed folder in front of him. a grisly sense spreads over him.
"just leave it"

"i can sum it up for you, if you'd like"

"no it's just i've had enough of him for one day"
just then his phone dings again and he checks to see a text message from Hoseok. he runs a hand through his wet hair and turns to the gaurd.

"i need you to do something"

•••

it's been a whole week since the fight. they haven't talked or even seen each other. not even in the company building which is odd, since before it seemed like they'd run into each other at every corner.

Soojin feels like she's using every single cell in her body to focus on her job, avoid Manager Choi and stop thinking about Yoongi. she seems to be mastering two out of three. at least until she's done at the studio and as she stands in front of the elevator door, a voice calls out to her.

"Soojin, i've been calling you all day! do you not have your phone with you?"
She winces at his voice and turns to face him.
"sorry Manager Choi. what is it?"

"you're supposed to meet with Jungkook today. and please don't make anymore excuses." he gives her a stern look "it's the best decision right now"

she sighs and rolls her eyes looking away only to see Yoongi at the end of the hall talking to some staff. her stomach twists in pain and just then the elevator door slides open and she jumps in.
"alright alright, just text me his number and i'll call him myself"
"Soojin wai-"
but he's cut short as the doors close.

walking down the street she tightens the scarf around her neck and brings her flat hat lower. her hair puffing around the space between. after contemplating for a few minutes she dials the number.

"hello?"

"hi, this is Lee Soojin"

"aaahh, hello Soojin, how are you?" the young man's soft voice rings out through the line and she can feel his smile in his voice.

"thank you i'm good. my manager said we're supposed to meet today" she goes silent.

"oh yes. mine told me too. i'm at rehearsal right now, but i'll be done in 30 minutes. would you like to meet here?"

"sure" she says but not quite sure.

"alright i'll see you then"

as the sun is setting down, Soojin motions for a cab to stop and a mixture of different feelings washes over her. but one more than the others. she knows they're not speaking. and she is more disappointed than mad, but still after everything he's done for her she doesn't think he deserves to be blindsided.
so after she gives the driver the address, she brings out her phone and types a message.