Chapter 27

____

pushing the door open with all her might, Soojin walks in the empty bathroom, taking short breaths to steady her nerves as she holds on to the stone wall to steady her weak stance.

"sir that's the ladies bath-" the cry is cut short as Yoongi walks in a concerned look on his face. noticing the bids of sweat on her forehead and her breathing, he stands a couple steps away to give her space.

"you're doing great. the jury sees right through him" He speaks in an encouraging tone "you just have to get through the first hearing, then Han will take it from there"

Soojin opens the tap and aggressively washes her face, before suddenly bending over the sink on her elbows, a quiet sob escaping her mouth.
"you don't even have to see him anymore. i promise" Yoongi rubs her shaking back soothingly feeling her fear and pain desolve slowly at the touch.

"let's go" after a minute she looks up wiping at her eyes before heading for the door.

•••

"Defense you may proceed with your closing argument" the judge turns to Han.

"Thank you your honor. Members of the jury i would like to remind you of some important information that you should consider in your decision. we may not be able to prove Mr Choi's motives behind what he did, but the evidence of interactions between him and Mr Lee are undeniably solid, and the fact that he refuses to speak up...speaks for itself" Han says presenting the jury with pictures of the two from the CCTV footage.

"since both defendants are kindly refusing to speak up, until further notice i request a psych evaluation test. for both sides. Members of the jury, you have heard all of the testimony concerning this case. It is now up to you to determine the facts. in the meantime i think i have heard enough for this hearing too" the judge declares before smashing the gravel down again.

as the media gang up with question after question the gaurds escort Soojin and Yoongi out of the court and into the empty halls, where the door to the other side swings open, the other prosecutor and her father walk outside.
he walks straight towards her but the gaurds step towards him.

"Soojinnie, i'm your father. don't you remember our good times? i used to buy you presents. we used to make kimpabs all the time, go to parks don't you remember?" he peaks over the gaurd's shoulder.
Soojin steps forward putting a hand on Mark's shoulder, and he steps away, they come face to face.

"don't do this to me" he pleads.

"i remember asking you the same thing, should i put a hand over your mouth too?" despite the growing lump in her throat, She gives him a cold resentful look.

"Soojinnie" he reaches out but before he can touch her, Yoongi pulls Soojin back stepping between the two.
"i wouldn't do that if i were you" and He glares daggers at him.

"move kid, this is between a father and his daughter" The old man rolls his eyes, his expression completely changing.
Yoongi steps closer, inches away from him.

"no, this is between a sick bastard and the woman i love, so i'm not going anywhere"

in the heat of the moment Yoongi doesn't realize the words leaving his mouth but standing right behind him Soojin hears them as clear as day, and like pure cold water they wash her fire away.

"you will regret this" The old man says before pointing a finger at Soojin "both of you"

"alright that's enough talking, let's go" his lawyer grabs his arm and pulls him away.

•••

after the quiet drive back home, except for Yoongi discussing with Han to request a hearing without Soojin's presence, they arrive home.

washing the day off of her skin and her mind, Soojin takes a long calming bath, but can't push one specific thought out even if she tried.

She walks out of the master bathroom to Yoongi's room. she looks around, walking over to the mirror, his rings and necklaces, his colognes, his books, his trophies, everything about him screams home, yet it's only been a few months.
thinking about his words, she considers what hers would be. and she just knows.

she knows the right words.

"what are you doing?"
Yoongi turns around at the sound of her. dressed in one of his blue shirts and white socks.
"i'm making pasta" he turns back to chopping the tomatoes, when suddenly feels her delicate arms wrap around his waist from behind before she rests her head on his back.

"are you okay?" He asks looking over his shoulder.
"mhmm" she hums into his shoulder.
"let me see your face" Yoongi turns lifting his left arm and slinging it around her neck. She looks up with a smile and he forgets about his worries for a minute.

"Min Yoongi?" she whispers coolly.

"Yes Lee Soojin?" he smiles down at her.

"i love you too"

his smile fades so suddenly replaced with a look of pure shock. Soojin feels her heart drop but just then he brings a hand up covering his eyes sheepishly flashing that gummy smile.

"aaaaaahhhhh" Yoongi groans through a laugh and Soojin joins him.
when he pulls his hand a way his eyelashes are wet and the tip of his nose a subtle pink hue and her eyes go wide

"yoongiii" she sings out before pulling him in. he pushes his face against her neck, breathing in her fresh cool scent, but it's not enough to calm the raging emotions inside of him.

"so i guess you did catch me slipping" Yoongi pulls back with a smile.
"Did i? i didn't hear it really well though" Soojin gives him a fake confused look.
He leans in putting a light peck on her lips. "i love you" he whispers quietly.

"what? i can't hear you" she smiles smugly.
He laughs and kisses her again "i love you" he kisses her cheek "i love you" her nose "i love you" her forehead "i love you" and then back to her lips again.
"did you hear that?" he asks.
"i did" she says before pushing him back towards the counter again with a light slap on his butt "now get back to work"

"yes ma'am" Yoongi replies laughing with his stomach.

•••

almost a month and a half later, the second hearing comes around and after her psych evaluation is approved, the judge agrees for Soojin to not be present, except for the last hearing.

"YOU'RE 27!!!" She screams, her arms wrapped around Hoseok's neck, shaking him.

"i know! it's weird" he laughs while reaching for a napkin over the dining table of Yoongi's kitchen.
"hmm what's weird is that you're not throwing a whole birthday party!!" Namjoon looks at him suspiciously.

"well i kinda have a date" Hoseok gives them a knowing look.
"ooh i bet it's that girl with the purple pink hair, huh?" Yoongi says teasingly from across the table.

"you guys" Hoseok looks away laughing.
"aw it is her!! he's blushing" Soojin points at his face.
"so you people can be happy but not me??" Hoseok looks between his friends and they fall silent for a second.

"of course you can be happy, but just don't be suspicious about it" Yoongi casually states taking a sip of his beer.
"hohohoh you're one to talk" Hoseok says before giving Soojin a meaningful look and just then Yoongi's phone rings.

"it's Han" he looks at Soojin.
"put it on speaker" Namjoon says enthusiastically and Yoongi sets the phone on the table.
"what is it?"

"Choi confessed"

___