Chapter 16

16

____

"Pain" is like a fragment of pavement on which you stand alone, a couple of steps away from the people you know. and when they see you in pain, they either choose to stand by your side of the pavement or choose not to.
after years of standing on the sideline of pain all alone, Soojin feels like Yoongi could be the person who not only stands by her side, but completely paves the way, making a new path.

•••

as she opens her eyes, she comes face to face with a sleeping Yoongi. slinging one arm over his eyes and another under her head. chest rising and falling contently, his pink lips slightly parted and she thinks that he doesn't look so intimidating and bold in his sleeping form.

looking at the clock she realizes they've only slept for 3 hours so without waking him up, she heads to the kitchen and starts making some breakfast.

whisking eggs in a bowl she stands by the open window looking down at the trees all round the area, covered in thick white snow. breathing in the crisp cold morning air swirling around the room, she goes back to making her dish.
after she's done, she sets a plate of eggs and toast and some fruit aside for Yoongi, before resuming her own meal.

a few minutes pass in her peaceful lonesome before the thoughts from last night come haunting her back. she tries to stay focused but knows she has to come up with a plan at some point.

"why is it so cold in here?" the sound of Yoongi's whine pushes her thoughts deep back inside as if she's hiding it.
she looks at him still in the black outfit from last night, now all wrinkled. his hair a mess. but he's still cute.
"good morning to you too" Soojin says as he walks past and closes the window behind her.

"why do you have an obsession with catching a cold?" Yoongi bickers but before she can turn around to answer he comes behind her, leans down and suddenly plants a kiss on her cheek.

"and good morning to you and your freezing cheek too"

and she can't help but hide her blushing smile with her sweater paw.
"i don't have an obsession with getting sick, i just love the fresh air" she nods correcting his accusation, as he sits in front of her, digging into his dish.

"oh wow, feels good to wake up to good food. maybe I should be nicer to you and Hoseok from now on" he says in a completely serious tone.

"aren't you gonna check the news?" Soojin asks after a few minutes in silence.
"why?" he gets up and fills a glass to the brim with ice.

"well your album came out last night"

"it did?" Yoongi questions sarcastically while pouring the cold brew coffee on top of the ice. She just squints as he walks back to his seat.
after a long sip of his drink, he looks at her who's expectantly looking back.
"i don't do this for the news Soojin" He goes back to his breakfast "and neither should you"

She looks down and nods, deep in thought.

"speaking of work, i need 2 days off" she abruptly says.
"it's okay, just coordinate the date with your manager" he doesn't think much of it.

"i need to take a trip."

"a trip?" Yoongi stops eating and looks up "where to?"
"Jinhae." she gets up and takes her dish to the sink.
"why do you wanna go there?" he looks at her who's looking away. for a few seconds she doesn't say anything and just stands there by the sink.
"i wanna visit my grandmother" she turns around and looks at his surprised face.

Yoongi stands up and walks toward her. her eyes on him and his eyes on the plate he's rinsing off.
"not offense, but i thought you didn't have any relatives, and that was the reason you had to go to your...dad" he carefully says, setting his tone as genuine as he can, so she doesn't feel bad.