Chapter 22

22

____

Soojin wakes up to find the bed empty and Yoongi's nowhere in sight. and neither are her clothes. she looks around in confusion before quickly jumping off the bed and grabbing one of his baggier and bigger white shirts to wear and it almost comes down to her knees.

She tiptoes to her room but the smell of fresh food gets her attention and she can hear her stomach growl. so she goes straight to the kitchen.
Yoongi's standing there in nothing but his blue grey sweatpants. his hair wet and his broad shoulders on display. his back muscles flexing as he moves.

"Good morning" Soojin says taking in the view and as memories of the night before rushes back to her, blood rushes up to her cheeks.

Yoongi looks over his shoulder smiling "Good morning" and his smile widens when he sees her take a seat at the table in one of his own shirts. a small sense of triumph fills him.

he fills up a plate with fresh bacon and eggs and puts it in front of her.
"did you sleep well?" Yoongi asks sipping his iced coffee.
"yeah, better than ever" She looks up smiling and he contently nods taking a seat next to her.

Yoongi waits patiently looking at her eat enthusiastically. after she finishes her dish he turns to her "you wanna talk about it?"

"yeah let's talk about it" she answers.
a few moments pass and neither one says anything.
"so what should we talk abut?" She asks.
"let's starts with the secrets" Yoongi gives her a serious look and she chews the side of her lip as her stomach twists.

He reaches out and takes her hand giving it a reassuring squeeze.
"hey, "you and me" remember? i'm not going anywhere" he says.
Soojin grips his hand in return before starting to speak.

She tells him about the night her father broke into her apartment and threatened her and he comes clean about the night the door was open. they both tense up before Yoongi speaks again.

"it's all in the past now." he leans closer resting his arm on the table and she looks at his dark eyes under his wet bangs and nods.
"and one more thing...i have a whole folder on him" he leans back and makes an awkward face.

Soojin raises her eyebrows in question.
"but i didn't open it. i...i couldn't bring myself to" he absentmindedly scratches the back of his head.
"you don't need a folder, i'll tell you everything" She turns in her seat now completely facing him and he nods.

taking a deep breath, Soojin starts from the beginning, about how it started and how she had tried to report him many times but she couldn't.
"why?" Yoongi asks drawing circles with his thumb on the back of her hand.

"cause he's a retired cop. the moment i brought his name up in any station, they'd give me a look and tell me to just go home. i was 14, no one would believe me" a look of pure disappointment on her face.

"Soojin i don't wanna push you, or overstep anymore boundaries by taking actions on my own, cause believe me the only thing that's stopping me right now is you" Yoongi takes the side of her neck in his hand and she leans into it "but say the word and i'll do anything" he says with a worried look.

Soojin feels her chest warm up, never having felt anything near as this much support and affection. she leans close and kisses him sweetly in response.

"is that a yes?" Yoongi pulls back and before she can answer they get interrupted by a constant knock on the door.

Yoongi opens the door to see Hoseok on the other side.

"are you two alive????" He asks with an annoyed tone as he walks past the older and goes right to the kitchen.
"why aren't you answering your phones? i must've called you like a million time"