Chapter 24

____

"why the fuck would he do this?"

Yoongi impatiently paces the length of his office back and forth. sleeves rolled up and his chest almost exposed with the buttons of his white shirt down. seeming like he's ready to fight.

"we don't have any solid evidence yet, so we're not even sure if it was him."
prosecutor Han replies, trying to calm him down but it's no use.

"let us just talk to him and get some information before accusing him of anything, please trust us Mr Min" he gestures to the two other men sitting behind him on the couch.

Yoongi nods just as the door swings open, Namjoon, Manager Choi, and then Soojin and Jungkook walk in.
Namjoon looks between the attorneys then back at the older one with a frown "Hyung, what's going on?" he quietly asks.
"nothing, just taking care of some legal matters" Yoongi pats his shoulder before motioning everyone to sit.

He can't help but look at Jungkook as he sits up on the armrest of the couch next to Soojin resting his hand behind her on the seat, realizing that they must have been together that morning, since he clearly didn't ask him to be here.

"i have a lot of matters to attend to today, could we speed this up" Manager Choi bickers before Yoongi fixes him with a glare and the man shrinks in his seat.

"Han?" Yoongi cues him to speak and the attorney turns to the Manager.

"first of all thank you for joining us. we are just interviewing the people who are in contact with Ms Lee, on a daily basis to get a better look on what's happening here" he politely mentions before standing up."Mr Choi you basically manage Ms Lee's daily basis. so we believe you must have the most information that could be helpful to us" stroking his ego spot on, Han walks over behind Choi's seat.

"sure, what is it you're asking for?" he asks the attorney standing behind him while the other two write everything down.

"do you know anything about Ms Lee's family members? any valuable information that someone say a tabloid might be curious to know" Han asks.

"other than the fact that she told me they're both deceased, no"

Yoongi glances at Soojin and she looks back before subtly shaking her head in denial . and Han catches the interaction realizing Choi's lie.

"except for the media has any individual ever approached you to get a scoop on her life?"

"no" he replies that a little pause.

"Mr Choi do you also do any sort of schedules or managing for Mr Min?"

"no" He turns in his seat and looks between Yoongi and Han "what kind of informative questions are these? sounds more like an investigation" and he snaps.

Yoongi lifts a brow at him, the corners of his mouth curling down as he nods his head before asking the next question himself.
"then why did you drop by my complex about a month ago?"

"WHAT?" Choi almost yells.

"oh i'm sorry let me rephrase" Yoongi walks around, hands behind his back, he comes to a stop behind Soojin "who did you drop off at my complex about a month ago?"

Choi freezes in place before standing up.
"i have no idea what you're referring to, and i will not stand to be treated like a suspect in a case i know nothing of. if you have anything else to say, say it right now."

from behind him, Han slightly motions for Yoongi and Soojin to stay quiet. but Yoongi speaks up no matter what "only that it's no way to talk to your boss like that"
Choi's mouth quavers making his goatee move around his chin, before heading out the door and leaving a pregnant silence behind.

"WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED??"
everyone turns to Namjoon who's looking around confusedly.

•••

the rest of the day just passes as the legal team gathers as much CCTV footage on Choi's transportations around the areas they suspect. Soojin's apartment, Yoongi's Complex, his own house and the company.
and by nightfall, their doubts turn into certainty, as their story checks out.

"I just don't understand why he'd do that?" Soojin rests her head on the office grey couch, staring at the modern chandelier on the ceiling.

"don't worry. hopefully you'll find out soon, you wanna take a walk? some fresh air could clear your head." Jungkook says, giving her shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"ugh i really wanna be anywhere but here" she whines.

Yoongi looks up at the invitation and before Soojin can accept he proposes his own.
"actually i was hoping we could go somewhere" he directly looks at her, and she stands up immediately.

"let's go then, my head's about to explode" she harshly pulls her giant black beanie over her head and throws her black cape coat on and looks at him expectantly from by the door.

They drive in silence for a while, but to Yoongi it feels like a couple years. she rests her head against the slightly layed back seat, holding her feet up to the side. with one hand she picks at the laces of her brown boots that come up to her knees, and with the other she traces the snowflakes turning into tear drops on the other side of the warm window of the car.

Yoongi glances at her devastatingly small form, looking more delicate in her vulnerable state. he doesn't know what to say, so he just keeps driving.

"i can't believe by this time next week it's gonna be Christmas."

He looks at her and she absentmindedly continues.
"i miss going to winter festivals with my mom...going Christmas shopping...making dolls with Nana and putting them on the tree, cause ornaments were really pricey...i miss sketching the ugliest dresses and she would make them for me anyways...i miss it all"
Yoongi smiles but stays silent.

after a while as they don't reach any destination Soojin turns to him, suspiciously pouting.
"i thought you said you were gonna take us somewhere?" She asks.

"yeah. anywhere but there. you said it." Yoongi casually replies as they come to a halt at the stop sign.

Soojin looks at his profile. the red light enhances his soft cat eyes, his small nose, his beautiful pink lips holding that gummy smile within, his well shaped jaw. all around, in her eyes, he carries a kind and trusting expression. and remembering how everyone she's ever met only talks about all the selfless things Yoongi has done for them, warms her to the tips of her fingers.

abruptly, she brings her hand up to the side of his face. running her fingers through his soft hair to the back of his neck.
"i have no doubt you're the kindest man to ever exist, Min Yoongi." she smiles at him.

"well technically that's not possible, cause you haven't met all the men" Yoongi seriously replies and rolling her eyes at him, Soojin takes her hand off of him but he reaches out laughing with his chest, clearly amused.

"i'm kidding" He laces his right hand with her left, before pressing his lips to the back of it.

"fine, i'll be the kindest man to ever exist." he keeps her hand close to his lips. "i'll be whatever you want me to be"

Soojin can feel her eyes warm up so before completely losing it, she leans over the console and kisses him peacefully.
"let's go home" she says before going back to her previous position looking out the window.

___