Chapter 8

____

as he lays on the couch in his studio, looking up at the soundproof ceiling, Yoongi finds it slightly ironic as he feels like he's lived six feet under almost half his life, and now that he's on top of the world he's trapped in this soundproof castle made of ice. cold, lonely and no one would hear him out.

His chest rises and falls contently and as his solitude takes over him, he can't help but escape to the warmth and consolation of his feelings.
he's brought back to reality with the buzzing sound of his phone on the floor next to him.
he looks down and at the sight of an unknown number he thinks to himself that it's just Hoseok trying to get a hold of him again.

"for the tenth time today, i don't wanna talk, so just leave me alone" Yoongi yells over the phone before stopping himself from disconnecting the call as he hears a familiar voice speak over the line.

"Mr...Min?"

his heart drops as he hears her voice and his palms start to get warm.

"Ms Lee?"

he jumps up to his feet wincing at how awkward that was.
"yes, it's me." she says so sweetly, it kinda feels like she's trying to hold back her laugh.
"i'm really sorry, i thought it was Hoseok, he's been bugging me all day" he runs a hand through his face "how- how can i help you?"

he lets out a shaky breath in attempt to calm himself just to find himself even more shook at what Soojin says next.
"i think..we need to talk" she pauses in between but still said it with a calm and collected voice, one that sets fire to Yoongi's rain.

"we do?" he hushedly asks.

"can i meet you at your studio?" Soojin take a deep breath over the line.
Yoongi looks around the messy room in panic. takeout boxes and beer bottles scattered around everywhere.
"uhh actually i'm leaving the studio rn" he fumbles on his words coming up with the lie.

"do you have any free time today at all? i don't mean to bother you." She politely asks.
"No no i do, it's just with my up coming album, i don't dare go out anywhere, the paps are at every corner!" he snorts but then catches the sound in his throat.

"aishhh yoongi what is the matter with you?" he screams in his head.

a moment of silence passes over the line and neither one speaks up.

"then...would you like to come to my place?"
Soojin finally breaks the silence.

Yoongi's stomach drops at the invite. his insides fill with warmth but his blood runs cold.
"it's cause no one knows about my place and i would hope you'd feel more comfortable there." Soojin clarifies as she takes his silence as confusion.

"if that's not a problem with you, i'd appreciate it" he replies.
"no not at all. i'll see you later i guess" she says before hanging up the call.

Yoongi turns and looks at his reflection in the mirrored wall behind him, a slight stubble has creeped around his chin and his hair is all messy. He hurriedly gathers his stuff and leaves the studio.

•••

after a few hours the sun has set and Soojin sits alone on the couch, nervously tapping her foot on the ground while awaiting her guest's arrival.
as the minutes pass by she questions her decision more and more until the sound of knocking on the door makes her jolt up from her seat.

she quickly walks towards the door before stopping to check her own reflection in the mirror behind it. she tugs at the collar of her maroon sweater and pulls down her long sleeves before looking into the peephole.