Eight

Louis P.O.V

I walked down the corridor picking up speed in the process. Walking away from Mr Styles room and heading towards the changing rooms. As I was nearing the room I slowed down, pulling out my phone and looking at the recently added number.

The contact name caught my eye, it reading 'Harry :)'. My lips turned up in a small smile, at how he put his first name and not his last. His name circling around my head, making sure to remember, but who could forget someone like that. I mean you'll be out of your mind to forget about Harry, I mean have you seen him.

A thought popped in my head as I just starred at his name. My mind going into overdrive, thinking of how the simplest name could have a make me feel all these feelings. His name giving me a cheeky and funny person kind of vibe.

As I was lost in my head, my fingers started to type away on the keyboard. My eyes focused back on my phone to see a message waiting to be sent. 'I really wish you would show up in a skirt and crop top, it won't only lift up the mood out there on the pitch but will also motivate me on ;)' I read the message over and over again, my mouth hung open in shock, at how I typed that without knowing. I deleted that message before typing out a new one. 'Are you sure you don't want to wear the uniform? :)' feeling a little cheeky and more confident of where I'm not saying it to his face, I decided to press send.

As I turned the corner, a couple of steps away from the door that opens to the changing rooms. My phone vibrated in my hand, I looked down to see a new message, I click on the notification which took me straight to Harry's contact, his name appearing at the top with a new message. I slowly but surely clicked on the message, opening up to read the words 'Hi Louis, and I'm sure I don't want to wear it. Being there and cheering you and the team on is enough :).' I let out a small chuckle as I entered the room, watching as some of the football team players were leaving the room to warm up outside. I typed back a quick response 'okay whatever you say :). I gtg I gotta get ready. Byeeeeeeee!' Hitting the button send. I took my bag off my shoulder, hooking it onto the peg that I stand in front of. I set my phone down on the bench as I start to take off my shoes and clothing.

Grabbing my shorts from my sports bag and sliding them on before I spotted a new message from Harry. 'Okay, Good luck! You'll be fine don't worry :) bye x' I felt me eyes widen at the x, he put a-.

I couldn't take this my heart was beating faster as my eyes kept reading the message over and over, my cheeks heated up as the tingly feeling erupted in my stomach. The littlest thing can affect me so much. Even though I'm the popular kid and the captain of the football team, which are in peoples eyes mean and dominating but when it comes to Harry I am soft and all mushy like a marshmallow.

'Thanks I'll need it haha :) x' Ahhhh don't send, don't send, don't send. Ah it sent. Well I can't do anything about it now can I? Nope. Something had to go wrong at some point, I mean too much has happened in the past half an hour. That I'm so out of it. What if he finds it weird that I put an x? I mean he did it first but what if he did it by accident? My mind started to flood with questions causing me to panic. Damn at the moment I'm more panicky over a message to my teacher then a football game, which is odd cause normally I'm not distracted by anything else and I'm normally freaking out about the game and who we're playing.

I put my phone away scared about seeing a reply or no reply from him. I quickly put on my shirt, which had my last name at the top on the back with a massive 28 number in the middle. I slip my boots on and put on my shin pads before running out the room. After being the last one to leave I was greeted by the team standing in a line in front of the coach.

As I joined the end of the line next to Niall, receiving a small smile from him, giving one back in return. Someone calling my name caught my attention. I lifted my head up to see that coach was looking straight at me. "Tomlinson, where were you?" He asked, standing still waiting for my answer. "I was talking to a teacher about school work" I spoke hoping he'll let me off for arriving a bit late.