Eighteen

Louis P.O.V

"Don't cry love." Harry whispered to me as he pulled me in closer to him. My heart started to race and my face flushed as I heard him call me by a nickname.

I wasn't quite sure what was happening at the moment, why this all didn't feel awkward as he wiped the stray tears off my cheeks and wrapped his arm around me.

We pulled back just as the credits were finishing off on the TV screen. Our eyes caught each other's, like they always seemed to do. But this time it was different, without thinking I started to lean in and by the looks of it Harry started to lean in too.

Our lips were close as I felt his breath on my lips as he breathed out. Just as I was about to take my chance and lean in for the kiss, a ringing noise filled the silence.

We both jumped back and looked away from each other. The warmth that was beside me was replaced with the cool air as Harry stood up and coughed.

I grabbed my phone off the table to see it was my mother calling me. I answered the call, trying to calm myself down of what was about to happen and to try and not get cross at my mum for interrupting.

"Hello." I spoke, my voice a little shaky. "Hi, I hope I didn't interrupt anything." My mother spoke, I looked up to Harry catching his eyes for a split second, before he grabbed the remains of the cold tea in the mugs and the left over popcorn in the bowl.

He walked away into the kitchen as my eyes trailed his every move. "No you didn't don't worry." I lied trying not to sound angry and tell her that she did. "Okay good, I was just wondering when you were coming home because I've got to go to work soon." My mum explained as I looked up at the rustic Roman numeral clock that hung in the middle of the room.

I watched as the arm of the clock worked it's way round the circle, soft ticks could be heard with each movement. "Oh yeah sorry I lost track of time. I'll start heading over to pick up Niall and then I'll be home." I said before looking over to the kitchen door where Harry leaned against the door frame already looking at me but looking away once he saw I caught him.

"Okay, I'll see you soon, love you." My mum said down the phone. "Bye, love you too." I replied quickly before the line went dead. I exhaled out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I rubbed my hands over my face before standing up off the sofa and turning my body towards where Harry still stood. "Sorry, that was my mum I gotta go I need to go look after my sisters." My eyes never left his as he nodded and pushed himself off the door frame.

I grabbed my bag off the floor and made my way over to where my shoes were placed, on the floor. I slipped them on before standing up straight and adjusting my bag on my shoulder.

Harry opened the door when he saw I was ready, I stepped out into the evenings fresh air. I turned around and faced Harry, not knowing what to say, it all become so awkward since what happened a few minutes ago.

"Thank you Harry again." I spoke out a bit shaky and nervous. "Your welcome louis." He nodded and sent me a smile but it was nothing compared to his other smiles.

I was gonna turn around but I had this sudden urge to do something. Without processing what I was doing I quickly leaned in and pecked his cheek. My lips tingled as I pulled back, a small shy smile graced my face as I watched the shook expression on Harry's face, not missing the blush that started to creep up onto his face.

"Bye." I quietly said, wanting to get away before I do anything else. I put my head in my hands, covering my blushing face as I made my way to my car at the end of the driveway.

I opened my car door sliding down into the seat and placing my bag in the seat beside me. I turned the engine on and started to back out of the driveway, sending a wave Harry's way.