Chapter 39: The New Longbottom

"Cedric, be useful and grab the dinner rolls will you?" Cassie asked

"Cedric, be useful and grab the dinner rolls will you?" Cassie asked. Cedric rolled his eyes and reluctantly stood up from his chair and trudged over to the pantry, beginning his search for dinner rolls. Amora had to stifle a laugh as she poured tomato sauce over the noodles. When she began to mix it in with a big wooden spoon, she heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"We could smell the noodles," Rey grinned as her and Aaron sat down next to each other, refusing to let go of each other's hands.

"Finally! Thought you people were going to let me starve," Hazel huffed as she collapsed into a chair next to Rey.

"Let us starve," Ned corrected her, helping Belle down the stairs.

"I'm feeding two so I get double the pasta," Belle called out as she navigated the rickety stairs. Belle wasn't wrong, as her stomach had doubled in size from a small bump two a full belly in around three months.

"Dinner is served!" Amora announced as she waved her wand. Plates of spaghetti flew through the air, landing neatly at everyone's dinner place.

The dining room practically burst with life as the sounds of laughter and silverware clattering filled the room. Belle did indeed get two servings of pasta, which she practically inhaled. Cassie and Hazel started throwing dinner rolls at each other, practically dying from laughter. Aaron took a spaghetti noodle and made it look like a mustache on his face, crossing his eyes while doing so, which made Rey double over in laughter. Ned simply stared at Belle, like she was the most amazing thing he had ever seen, even if she was stuffing her face with pasta.

The Diggory house was small, but Amora felt that it was quite cozy. Cassie and Hazel had spent the first day they arrived there stringing fairy lights around the house, and now it looked like the ceiling was twinkling with light. Plants dotted windowsills and hung from the air.

It was another peaceful August night, one that Amora spent with her family and friends. Cedric pulled the chair out for Amora, and she smiled at the fact that he was such a gentleman. He took the seat next to her and they dug into their meal.

"So..." Cedric said, "What do you think you're going to do?"

"What do you mean?" Amora asked, twisting her fork in the spaghetti.

"My dad is pushing for me to be an Auror, except I don't feel comfortable working for the Ministry right now," Cedric shrugged, taking a bite out of his dinner roll.

"I...dunno what I'm going to do. I guess I've never really thought about it," Amora said, furrowing her brows. When Amora thought about it, who would be willing to hire a LeStrange? It never mattered what Amora had done, it was always over shadowed by being Bellatrix's daughter. She could never imagine that anyone would be willing to hire her or see her differently, no matter what good things she had done.

"You're doing it again," Cedric said. Amora looked over to him, and noticed his grey eyes were focused on her.

"Doing what again?" she questioned.