Chapter 1: Candies + CS:GO

Karl walked with a bounce in his step always, it was hard not to since he was always high on sugar. It was a particularly sunny April morning, a gentle breeze encouraged a brisk pace. Karl was headed to his favorite place on all of planet earth; the retro candy store in town. They had everything there that a sugar addict could want. Hard candy, soft candy, cotton candy, eye candy.

Karl would be lying if he said he only went to the candy store to fuel his cavity-inducing addiction. There was a cashier who opened on Saturday mornings. He was always cheerful and would tease Karl for always showing up even at outrageously early hours to be buying so many sweets.

The streamer fiddled with the ends of his block colored hoodie as the candy shop came into view. He picked up the pace, his lavender Converse came in and out of his line of sight. He could smell the kettle corn being made inside as he was only a few feet away. His covered hand wrapped around the door handle and he swung it open.

The scent of the store never failed to relax his entire body. It made him feel tingly and pleasant, like he never wanted to leave the delightful shop. The low hum of a mixer could be heard as the fudge was being mixed. Towers of salt water taffy's littered the floor. The walls were lined with jars filled with gummies and chocolates, 3.50 a pound. Bags of brightly colored kettle corn hung from the ceiling directing Karl's attention to the counter.

There he was, the prettiest boy Karl had ever seen. He had wavy black hair, his bangs were kept out of his face by a simple white bandana. His had rested in the palm of his hand as he absently scrolled through social media. He was perfect to Karl. Shame he would never get a chance. The handsome cashier looked up and gave a smug smirk at Karl.

"Well well if it isn't the regular sugar addict," his tone was light and playful, "What can I get you today dude?"

Karl felt his cheeks warm up slightly at the others greeting. "Uh- I'm not totally sure yet, but I do know I'll be buying an Ultra Blue Monster," Karl started pacing around the small shop, grabbing a disposable plastic bag to fill.

The cashier grabbed the caffeinated drink from the fridge behind him. He watched with curiosity as the boy with the multi-colored hoodie wandered about the store, carefully over looking each canister like it was his first time in the shop. He couldn't help but laugh. He decided to leave behind the counter and join the boy in searching the containers.

"Didn't you buy 2 bags of candy last Saturday? On top of 10 suckers and a slab of fudge?" The cashier opened a container he had noticed Karl had been staring at for a few seconds longer than the others.

"Well yeah, but I already finished it," Karl said quietly, embarrassed that the cute boy was keeping track of how many sweets he bought.

"You must have some crazy metabolism if you eat that much sugar and look that good," The cashier closed the lid to the container when Karl was finished.

"I mean I suppose, I also need snacks for when I stream and candy just happens to be readily available," Karl bit the inside of his cheek as he started observing the flavors of suckers they had today.

He picked a few cotton candy flavors, a strawberry cheesecake one, some dark cherry flavored ones, and two watermelon ones.

He walked up to the counter grabbing his Monster and a small bag of green kettle corn.

"Actually one more monster, the Pipeline Punch one, and a diet Pepsi please," Karl grabbed his wallet out if his pocket and dug out his card.

He stared at the cashier as he entered the items onto the small computer before telling Karl his total. Karl grabbed the plastic bags, giving the other boy a smile before bouncing out of the store.