Chapter 12: Sugar + Streams

A/N: 1k views! yall are mad absolutely mad! I think you lot deserve a double upload today :))

------------------

Friday was uneventful, this whole week had been for Karl seeing as he was so excited for tomorrow. He bounced his keg under his desk staring at the clock. Five more minutes and then school was out. His Mythology teacher was droning on about some Greek God he probably already knew plenty about thanks to having read Percy Jackson back in middle school. He had a nice stream planned for today, just some chill CS:GO with Alex and Chris and just really goof off for an hour and a half.

The bell rang and the sugar addict springing out of his seat, scooping his backpack onto one arm, and booking it out the door. In his hurry he didn't even notice the girl who had bumped into him.

"Oh my honk, I am so sorry," Karl extended his hand out for the girl.

"It's ok," she gave a cute giggle, "I should've been looking where I was going."

She was objectively pretty, with short bluntly shopped mousey brown hair and bright hazel eyes. The bridge of her nose was littered with faint freckles. Karl swallowed thickly as he tugged her up.

"I'm Jenna, but my friends call me Jen. Can I get your name?" She tilted her head slightly, Karl became aware of the fact she had to crane her neck up to look at him.

"My name is-"

"Karl!"

Karl flinched slightly at someone yelling hid name. He scanned the crowds of people until he noticed the familiar beam of an even more familiar football player. His frightful expression instantly melted into pure relaxation, a hint of longing in his eyes that didn't go unnoticed by Jen.

Her smile fell for a moment, before a softer one took it's place, understanding that the cute boy she had purposely run into was already infatuated with someone else. She said a quiet goodbye and weaved back into the crowds of people.

Nick quietly let out a sigh of relief. He hadn't planned on bumping into Karl afterschool, in fact he didn't really have time to since he had practice in a few minutes. However something had just come over him, he noticed Karl staring down at that girl and he instantly became angry. Not a 'I need to punch something' kind of angry, but the type of anger you feel when someone takes your last cookie, but way more intense. His fake smile turned into a genuine one when he noticed the girl scurry off.

"Hey Nick! What's up?" Karl asked rocking on his feet back and forth.

"Nothing much, just wanted to say hi to my favorite regular," Nick winked and ruffled Karl's soft, fluffy hair.

Karl bit his lip gently as he willed his cheeks to not turn a light pink. He looked over his shoulder as Nick gave people small waves and made his way to the locker room. Karl sighed and trudged his way to Alex's car.

----------------

"And you didn't kiss him?" Alex exclaimed.

"Where, in that entire story, would I have had a chance to kiss him Alex," Karl said with a small groan.

"I don't know you could've made it happen though if you grew a pair," Alex parked in the driveway.

"Oh shut up, you couldn't even open your mouth if you were in 1 meter of a pretty girl," Karl popped open his door and looked at his friend.

"See you later, bring your a-game," Karl smiled and closed his car door.

Alex sat in the driveway until he knew Karl was safely in his house, before he pulled out of the houses parking space and drove home eager to play video games.