Chapter 2: Gummies + Group chats

Karl would be the first to admit to you he was not the most observant person, not by a long shot. He had heard about this Nick guy. Just snippets of conversations that were drowned out by music playing in his ears as he walked the crowded hallways. Most of the things he heard were about how he had nearly half the cheerleader team swooning over him, due to the captain being one, taken and two, incredibly gay for Karl's friend. He had heard plenty about the football player, but he had never actually put a face to a name.

He shook his head as Alex's voice became less distant and more crisp in his ears.

"Yeah dude, cashier boy. Anyways, he kept pestering me about the calc homework and I myself don't get it, if I give him your number can you help him?" Alex started spinning is chair, the headset cord wrapping around him.

"You want me to help a guy that I've had a huge crush on for the past 2 months, with math homework," Karl stated slightly dumbfounded, "what is this? A cheesy teen rom com?" Karl leaned back anxiously in his chair, knocking back the last bit of his Pepsi and throwing a few skittles in his mouth.

He dwelled on the thought. Maybe this was his chance? A sign from the universe that it was now or never to get noticed properly by the cashier.

"I'll think about it," he interrupted the uncomfortable silence that had fallen over the call, "I need to go over it at least one more time before I'd be able to help someone with it," Karl finally decided. He was gonna hate himself for that one later.

"So am I good to give him your number or," Alex trailed off, "Karlos! This is a golden opportunity! Who cares if it sounds like some cheesy rom com, people will be jealous of what you guys have." Karl could almost hear the smug, shit eating grin on his friends face.

A smile tugged at Karl's lips, he looked at the low hanging sun that casted warm, orange hues over his bedroom. The sweet taste of sugar was still on his tongue, a thick build up of it sitting in his throat. He cough slightly to clear his throat.

"Yeah, yeah go ahead and give him my number," Karl gave a little sigh.

------------------

Nick was hunched over his desk, hands tangled in his hair with frustration. He had totally nodded off during math yesterday and he had no clue how to do this. He stared impatiently at his phone where he was texting a small group chat.

We like men + Alex

Dream🥱
Nick just chill, he's not
going to think your stupid

Gogy👀
Yeah, Karls way nice!!!!

I'm gonna embarrass
myself

Alex🤪
He said he'd think about it.
he wants to make sure he gets
it before he teaches anyone

-----------------

The ravenette sighed and fell out of his chair. His curtains swayed forward, letting the chilly spring breeze into his room, raising the hairs on his arms and sending tingles down his spine. He heard his phone buzz against the wood desk followed by the ding of snapchat. He didn't move to get it. He was too comfortable laying on the floor, being hyper aware of his contact with the chilly wooden floor boards.