Chapter 10: Cupcakes + Chess

Wednesday was uncomfortably boring. Nothing excited happened during the school day meaning Sapnap had slept through most of his classes. He would just beg George to help him with it later tonight. The one thing he looked forward to was baseball practice, even if it meant getting lectured by his coach. He was in his seventh hour, Physics, probably his second most boring class behind math.

He was zoned out watching things appear and disappear on the board as his teacher wrote. His phone vibrated gently in his pocket. He looked around the room to make sure his teacher was thoroughly distracted before unlocking the device.

Dream🥱

hey have you already
picked a movie?

Oh uh no- I didn't
really think that
far ahead.

nick how do you invite
someone to the movies
but then forget to pick
a movie????

Uh well haha u see...

nick,,, what did u do?

I uhm, I may have last
minute asked Karl on
a date yesterday...

go on

but i didnt tell him it
was a date and instead
told him i was 3rd
wheeling you and gogy

so youre going on a date
with Karl but its not
actually a date?

yeah...

and ur using me and
george as a cover up for
this unofficial date?

yeah...

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

how many times are we
going to have to tell you
to just shoot your shot?

cause what if he doesn't
like me back!?!?!?!?

oh come on-

youre joking right?

-----------

Nicks attention was torn from his phone as the bell blared above him. He swung his bag over his shoulder as he headed towards the locker room. He jolted forward as some wrapped their arms around his neck and their chest pushed into his back.

"Nicky!" A high pitched voice squealed.

"Jess," Nick said with fake kindness in his voice.

Jessica was one of the cheerleaders that was always all over Nick. She was nice and pretty sure, but she wasn't really Nick's type.

She fixed her high waisted jeans and smoothed out her sweater and she swayed back and forth. "May is approaching really fast you know that, right Nick," She batted her fake eyelashes at the boy, "Which means prom, and I still don't have a date," She gave a small, depressed sigh.

"Dang, that really sucks," Nick readjusted his backpack, "Best of luck I guess," He turned on his heel and continued making his way to the locker room.