Chapter 5: Mary Jane + Midnight Adventures

A/N: Heya real quick! Theres gonna some smokage of the marijuana in this chapter! If that triggers you or makes you uncomfortable Ill put 2 *'s before any of that happens and when it's done, there might still be talk of it outside of the markers. Please! Stay safe!

--------------

Karl bounced happily in the passenger side of the car. This was all brand new to him. He was nervous, excited, flustered, curious, and so many more emotions he couldn't even name. Sapnap stopped at a red light and pulled out his phone. He opened spotify and handed the device to Karl.

"Here it's bluetooth connected and I have premium so play anything you like," Nick smiled focusing back on the road as the light turned green and he peeled away from the white line onto the empty street.

Karl clicked on the search bar seeing some of Nicks recent searches. He seemed to be into rap a lot, which honestly didn't shock the sugar addict. He searched up the song 'Strawberries & Cigarettes' by Troye Sivan. He smiled as he set the phone down in the cupholder swaying to the song as he took another sip of the white Monster. He peered out the window, watching as trees and houses flew by. He was curious as to where they were going, but didn't want to bother Sapnap. Instead he looked at his surroundings. Nicks car smelled strongly of cinnamon in a good way, it wasn't to overwhelming but you couldn't miss the scent even if your nose was a little stuffy. Karl turned to look at Sapnap, big mistake.

He looked surreal. The moon reflected off of his skin in an elegant way, his slight stubble bringing out his more masculine features. Karl could tell he was biting the inside of his cheek because if how sharp his jaw looked. His dark brown eyes were soft as they scanned the road ahead of them. His dark hair was distressed slightly, like Nick had recently ran his fingers through it. His eyebrows were knit ever so slightly together as he searched for the right street sign. Karl would catch better glimpses of the boy when they would drive quickly under a street light.

"Ah! Shit I almost missed the street haha," Sapnap took a quick turn left.

It was an off road trail almost. Nick turned on his brights and drove down the forested path. Karl stared in bewilderment. He had no clue where on earth they were. He watched as the trees rolled by until the car was put in park. Nick turned off the lights and let out a sigh and he leaned back into his seat. Nick looked to his right and gave Karl a little smirk.

"Come on, you're gonna love it here." Nick opened his car door and ran over to the passenger side opening the door for Karl.

The brown eyed boy offered the blue eyed boy a hand, helping him down to the ground. Karl stumbled slightly and ended up in an awkward hug-like position with Nick making them both blush, grateful the darkness hid their faces.

Nick took a step back from Karl, clearing his throat a little. He turned to look behind him where he noticed the slightly taller boy was looking at, totally awe struck. Stacks of huge broken concrete pipes mixed with cracked boulders and concrete debris piled high into an artificial mountain. The silhouette of trees painted the sky as the stars winked down at the two boys on occasion.

"Woah, what is this place?" Karl's voice was small and quiet. He took a few steps forward walking past Sapnap.

"It's Mario Land, Dream and I came here all the time back in middle school," Nick smiled at the memories.

He carefully took Karl's hand into his and lead him deeper into the rocky terrain. He started walking up the rocks, careful to keep his balance as he helped Karl scale the man made mountain. After a few moments of struggles and one or two scares of falling the two high schoolers made it atop one of the concrete pipes.