Chapter 20: Dots + Dinner

The four boys had moved to the living room downstairs to watch Netflix on the couch. Karl was sandwiched comfortably between the armrest and Nick, the football players left arm hugging him gently. George was half asleep in Dreams lap as the tallest boy ran his fingers lazily through his boyfriends hair.

"So are you two gonna become official or what?" Dream teased.

"Well I hope so, I just want to ask him out properly," Nick rolled his eyes, talking like Karl wasn't nestled into his side like a perfectly fitting puzzle piece.

He could feel the vibrations of Karl stifling a giggle. They had given the sugar addict the remote so he was scrolling through Dream's Netflix. He, of course, clicked on adventure time and scrolled to a random season and picked an episode he knew would make him laugh. He felt warm lips press into his hair that curled into a smile after a moment.

"Clay! Can you come here a minute?" A womans voice hollered from upstairs.

Dream sighed, picking George up with no effort and placing the sleeping boy onto the couch. He threw up a peace sign and jogged up the stairs, acknowledging his mother. Karl peaked over Nick to see a now awake and very grumpy looking George. The brits anger slowly melted as he watched the colorful cartoon on the screen. Nick was more focused on his phone as he scrolled through instagram, scrolling through and liking a meme here and there. Karl let out a content sigh as he shifted his wait from leaning against the cream colored couch into the football player.

"How does your tattoo feel?" Nick asked.

"I barely remember I got it," Karl giggled, keeping his voice low as to not disturb his friends concentration, "I should be the one asking about yours," Karl poked the boys left side.

Nick chuckled quietly, he pulled Karl into him more, he couldn't seem to get close enough. Karl rested his head on Nicks shoulder and closed his eyes. Maybe George had the right idea of taking a nap. However, nap time was not quite yet when Dream came thundering down the stairs.

"This weekend. Party. My house. It's gonna be awesome," Dream scooped George back up and sat down, hugging the boy tightly.

Nick looked at his bestfriend in bewilderment. "How are you gonna throw one of your infamous parties when your whole family is home dumbass?"

"They're going on vacation but I'm not allowed to go since well one I skipped today but also my grades," Dream said excitedly, his voice hushed slightly to make sure neither of his younger siblings were listening in.

Nick nodded, turning his attention back to his phone. He felt the Karl's breathing start to slow down as the boy slowly slipped into sleep now that the loud blonde had calmed down. Nick glanced over to see George had also fallen asleep. Jeez, that guy seriously does sleep a lot.

"Well I guess I know how you feel Dreamie," Nick nodded his head down to the boy asleep against him.

Dream chuckled trying not the let his chest bounce too much. "It's a nice feeling, isn't it? Knowing that someone trusts you enough to be vulnerable like this?"

Nick nodded. "How should I ask him out Dream? I've never been great at the romance shit," Nick cringed at an unpleasant memory.

"Nick," George muttered quietly, "Karl isn't a guy who likes over the top things when they involve him," George shifted in Dreams lap to hide his face in the vivid green hoodie his boyfriend wore. After dropping his one line of wisdom, George went back to sleep.

Dream smiled at his best friend. "How about we all go out to a nice dinner tonight and you ask him there?"

Nick nodded again. He looked up at the cartoon and smiled. Hopefully nothing would go wrong tonight and he could hold Karl like this all the time. He felt the boy shift slightly and kissed the top of his head again. It just felt right he supposed.