Chapter 29: Gum Drops + Groovin'

The line for checking tickets was long, wrapping around the edge of the student parking lot. The warm, slightly humid air danced gently around the excited students as they chattered among themselves, shuffling forward whenever the line moved.

The group of teenagers pulled into the parking lot. Quackity waved goodbye as he ran off into the ocean of bodies to find his date for the night. The two couples made their way to the end of line where they found Jimmy, Maddie, Chris, Katie, Chandler, and his date.

"Hey guys!" Nick waved excitedly as he picked up the pace, dragging Karl with intertwined fingers.

"Nick! What's up man!" Chandler cheered.

The two gave some weird handshake before addressing other members of each others groups respectively. Karl waved to Katie and Maddie who then asked to look at his nails since he'd redone them since brunch with his moms help. He looked at their acrylic nails and admired the shapes they had chosen and how the colors complimented their dresses.

"Hey did you guys hear?" Jimmy asked as they neared the door.

"Hear what Jimmy, you gotta be more specific," Karl giggled as he handed the teacher working the door his ticket.

"SBI is performing tonight! It's supposed to be a really good discography too," Jimmy handed the teacher his and Maddie's tickets.

Alex cheered from behind them. "Yeah woo! Sleepy bois!"

The group navigated their way through the mosh pit that was the dance floor, finding a table and putting down their extra things. Karl was the first to drag Nick down to the dance floor. For now a dj was simply mixing the top 100 hits while students swayed and jumped with the beat of the music.

Karl grabbed Nicks hands, bouncing slightly off rhythm as Nick couldn't help but let out a small laugh as he twirled Karl around for fun. Katie and Chris eventually ended up joining them on the dance floor, and when Chris and Nick got tired, Katie and Karl danced together.

Their attention was grabbed when a band set up was wheeled in through the back door. Karl squeezed Katie's hands and dragged her back over to their dates.

"Nick Nicm they're here!" He cheered excitedly and he hugged his boyfriend. He missed him and just felt like hugging him.

Nick laughed as he wrapped his arms around Karl's waist, kissing his forehead as he followed the streamers line of sight to the stage where none other than SBI's own drummer, Tommy, was setting up his drum kit to his liking. In the corner they noticed the rest of the band. It seemed like they were trying to coerce Ranboo- his name was Ranboo right? Coerce Ranboo into something from their body language.

The rest of the group had managed to join Nick, Karl, Chris, and Katie on the dance floor for the performance.

---

Ranboo was stood nervously front and center on stage. He looked scared. He had swapped places with Techno, Wilbur on his right.

"Boo, you'll be fine, we sing most of the song with you. You've got this," Wilbur gave him a wide smile and thumbs.

Ranboo sighed and checked his microphone. He turned back to look at Tubbo and Tommy who had been conversing, but stopped when they noticed their friend. Thry both beamed and gave him double thumbs up, pulling their sleeves back slightly to reveal their bracelets.

SBI all wore black suits, each of them wearing different colored ties.

Ranboo turned back to Wilbur, nodding to silently tell him he was ready to start whenever.

"Hello Class of 20XX! How's prom so far?" Wilbur cheered into the mic pointing it out at the crowd that erupted into cheers. "That's awesome to hear! How about we get started with some good music yeah? Our very own Ranboo is gonna be leading this one, it's his debut as a lead singer so give him a warm round of applause!"