Chapter 26: Baby Ruth's + Baseball

A/N: Spoiler alert, this is a guilty pleasure chapter where im just gonna write some hardcore karlnap fluff because writers block wont let me progress the story teehee

---

School let out for the day. The final week of April was upon the students, the air was starting to become warm with summer heat. Sapnap's hand was comfortably clasped in Karl's, eagerly tugging him to the parking lot.

"Nick meister chill!" Karl giggled as he struggled to keep up with his boyfriend, warm spring air whipped his hair out of his face.

"If we don't hurry the bratty middle schoolers will take over babe," Nick laughed as he opened Karl's side of the car. "M'Lady," he said with a fancy accent.

Karl scoffed with a giggle and climbed into the car, excited for wherever Nick was going to take him today. Lately Nick had been taking Karl and small, simple dates. There was little planning but that's what made them fun, their sporadic nature filled with unknown turns and new memories to make.

The engine hummed to life, the warning mechanism beeping angrily at Nick for having the drivers door still open as he connected his phone to the car. The door slammed close and the engine restarted as Nick turned the keys in the ignition.

"Ok ok, so what are we doing today?" Karl bounced excitedly in his seat, the monster can in his hand crinkling gently under the pressure.

"Imma teach you sports," Nick smiled devilishly as he pulled out of the school parking lot.

"Oh no you don't. I'm retired from my athletic ways, I quit sports after middle school." Karl protested giddily.

"You played sports in the middle school?" Nick was intrigued.

"Yeah, I played soccer and tennis," Karl admitted, rolling down the windows so the warm wind whipped through his hair.

Nick dared to steal a glance at Karl as he rolled up to a red light. "You're really handsome, I've told you that right?" He asked quietly. The light turned green.

Karl giggled, still looking out the window soaking up some vitamin D. "Yeah but not as good looking as you are, you're ethereal," Karl muttered the last bit, giving a stealthy glance towards his boyfriend.

The park came into view and Sapnap quickly parked jumping out of the car and grabbing a bag from the back.

"Come on slowpoke!" He hollered as he booked it for an empty baseball diamond.

Karl arrived at the baseball diamond a wheezing mess from the lack of oxygen. Laughing and running were not designed to be multi tasked. He popped a squat in the red dirt, small clouds bloomed around his as Nick dug through the duffle bag. He pulled out a small white ball and a metal bat.

"Can you toss me a couple of pitches cutie?" Nick asked, tossing the ball to Karl.

The multicolored boy nodded happily and walked to the pitcher mound. He gave a gentle under hand toss after getting the go ahead from Nick. The ding of the weighted ball crashing against the metal bat rang through the empty park. The spherical object soared through the sky, slowing down every so slightly to were it looked like it was floating right at the peak of its arc before gravity took hold and dragged it back to earth.

Karl applauded at how far the ball had travelled as he jogged to go grab it. The grass was cool and dewy, dampening the baseball. Nick beckoned Karl over to the batting plate.

"Ever swung a bat before Jacobs?" Nick asked, he was chewing slightly on some gum.

"Does a plastic bat count for whiffle ball freshman year?" Karl giggled as he stood on the plate, his small tattoo caught his eye for some reason and he smiled fondly at the memory.

Nick burst out laughing as he stood behind his boyfriend placing the bat in Karl's right hand, placing his own calloused palm on top ok Karl's hand. The cool metal of the ring on his boyfriends pinkie contrasted from his warm hand. He placed his left hand on Karl's waist.

"No, not in my book at least," Nick chuckled, "put your left hand on the bat."

When Nick was pleased with Karl's grip on the bat (and at least 99% confident it wouldn't fly out of his hands and possibly kill someone), he placed his right hand on Karl's waist, joining his left.

"Batting is all in the hips," he said quietly, gently kicking Karl's right knee out from under him so he could pivot on his foot. He turned Karl back slightly. "When you turn back, make your arms follow you and straighten them," his breath tickled Karl's ear.

They stood practicing for a few minutes before Karl felt like he could try hitting a ball. Nick walked up to the pitchers mound, snatching the dust coveted ball off of the ground. "Relaxed knees, okay?" He smiled.

Karl smiled back and nodded. Nick threw him a gentle under hand toss that connected with the bat with a satisfying ting Karl cheered and dropped the bat jogging to the first base- at first.

"C'mere Karl!" Nick hollered as he booked it after his boyfriend.

Karl screamed and ran past first base, into the outfield, and then the playground, and the suddenly he was out of the park. He turned around to see an out of breath Sapnap doubled over at the playground. Karl jogged back over.

"Holy shit Karl, you can run," Sapnap took another deep breath before standing up.

Karl giggled and just hugged his boyfriend. There was nothing all that special about going to the park to learn how to play baseball with your boyfriend- on the surface. Everything with Nick was special to Karl, he treasured every moment. Nick squeezed him back before offering to take Karl out to get ice cream, his treat.

They grabbed the bat and ball and made their way back to the truck. They collapsed in their seats and looked at each other and burst into a fit of laughter for no reason other than they could. Karl pulled out his phone, opened snapchat, and put on some random silly filter. He held his phone up at the 'Facebook mom' angle and took an unsuspecting picture of him and Nick.

He laughed at the picture and saved it to his memories, along with the other handful of unsuspecting selfies Karl had taken of Nick.

--------

A/N: heyyyyy sorry its short just wanted to do some cute moments of just them cause it hasnt been just them for a bit. Im considering a small time skip but if you guys would rather not I can wirte some more stuff! Im starting to feel better again so hopefully well get longer, happy chapters again :D