Chatper 15: Donuts + Dances

Karl couldn't tell if electricity he felt in the air was all in his head or from the bolts of lighting cascading from the sky. He pressed his lips gently against Sapnap's and instantly caved. His knees failed him and buckled under him in an embarrassing fashion, luckily his fall was caught. Nicks hands firmly placed themselves on Karl's hips, earning the response of Karl grabbing fistfuls of his jacket.

There was a rush of feelings, overwhelming joy that he was kissing the cutest guy he knew, fear that he was going to somehow botch the entire thing, embarrassment since Rachel could literally peak over the counter at any moment, and recklessness. Utter recklessness overrode all the other feelings. Karl allowed his lips to part slightly, Nick gratefully locking them together. Karl's right hand made its way into Nicks dark tangled locks.

Upon the realization that they are mammals, and they do need to breath oxygen regularly, the two bots regretfully parted. Their bodies were still pressed together, hands still placed intimately. Karl's eyes had to of been shimmering or Nick had smoked a blunt before coming into work, which he definitely hadn't.

"Wow," Karl let out a shakey breath, finally stepping back and using the counter for support.

Thunder rolled across the sky again.

"You are one hell of a kisser Jacobs," Nick ran his hand through his hair, letting out a long breath.

Rachel cleared her throat. "So uhm, is that what I interrupted earlier?"

Karl squeaked his face returning back to a twizzler red color as he dove behind the counter thinking he could hide from the employee. Nick doubled over in laughter and ruffled Rachel's hair.

"Sure is kiddo," Nick looked outside, "It looks like it's letting up, I know that Karl walked here and he has plans today so I'm gonna drive him home. Will you be ok?"

Rachel saluted. "Sir, yes sir. If you can kiss a customer that passionately in the middle of the store I can do anything, sir."

Nick's face turned red as he gently pushed the girl behind the counter again. He leaned over the fudge counter holding Karl's bag of energy drinks.

"Come on hot stuff, we gotta get you home on time for your stream," Nick said as he checked his apple watch for the time.

"Stream? Stream..." Karl muttered, "Oh honk! Stream- Wait how do you know I have a stream scheduled today," Karl narrowed his eyes to look at the athlete as he got up off the floor.

"I may, uh, or may not," Nick laughed nervously holding the door open for Karl, "Watch your streams?" His statement ended up being a question.

Karl froze under the awning, whipping around to look at Nick. "You watch my streams?"

The two boys held eye contact before they burst into fits of giggles. Nick pulled out his keys and unlocked his car from where they stood.

"Ready?" Nick adjusted his bandana.

Karl nodded, making sure his shoes were tied properly. The two boys booked it, their feet splashing the water on the ground up around them, soaking they're ankles and shins. They collapsed in the truck, Karl relaxing at the strong cinnamon scent. Nick untied the now soaked bandana from his forehead, tossing it in the back.

"Shit," he ran his fingers through his wet hair, "I don't have any hair ties in the car." Nick slicked his hair back with the rain water.

Karl giggled. He leaned over the middle divider. He tucked part of Nicks hair behind his hair, soft grins tugging at both boys lips. Nick leaned forward and gently pressed a quick kiss to Karl's lips, causing the younger boy to blush and sit back down in his seat.

"Hey Karl, call me crazy but, when we get to your house, do you wanna dance in the rain?" Nick kept his eyes fixed on the slick road.

"Sure, it sounds like fun," Karl smiled as he shook his hair to try to rid it of some water.

Karl's house came into view, making Karl bounce in his seat. Nick parked the car and turned on spotify, he played a random playlist and opened the window of the passenger side since rain was baraging the drivers side. Karl untied his shoes and stuffed his socks in them, his bare feet hit the freezing concrete, water pooling around his heels. Nick followed suit leaving his Nike's in the car with his headband. The two boys ran into the small patch of grass Karl called a front yard. Nick grabbed Karl's hands, breathing some warmth back into them. He spun him around in the rain, the grass under them squeaking slightly.

It was perfect, the gentle roll of thunder got fainter as the harsh storm had passed over them already leaving the steady fall of cool, April rain. Karl wrapped one hand around Nicks neck, his fingers entangling in the soaked black hair. Nicks newly free hand gravitated to Karl's waist. He was going to be bold again and go in for another kiss when he heard someone clear their throat.

"Hi Karl, who's this?"

Karl's mom stood on the porch holding a box of donuts. Her head was tilted slightly as she stared at her son and the boy he was dancing with. Karl jumped back laughing nervously.

"Uh mom, meet my- I mean! Meet the cute cashier boy- Honk! I mean meet Nick!" Karl hid his face behind his wet sleeves.

Mrs. Jacobs expression softened. "Hello Nick, it's nice to finally meet you. Karl tends to never shut up about you," She laughed. He voice cut clearly through the rain. "Karl Jacobs get inside, you're going to get sick. Nick you too," She spun on her heel and walked back into the house.

---------------

Upon entering the house both boys were thrown warm fluffy towels to dry off with. "You weren't really considering dragging water through my house were you Karl?" She teased setting the treats down in the table.

Nick had never actually been in Karl's house. It was cozy, not insanely large like Dreams house but it wasn't cramped either. The staircase was right in front of them to the right. A corridor that lead to what looked like the kitchen is where Mrs. Jacobs had disappeared down. He was pulled from his observation when he felt Karls hand wrap around his wrist.

"Come on let's go get some dry clothes," Karl smiled dragging the boy up the stair case.

Karl's room was calming. It had a delicate scent of lavender and vanilla throughout it. Nick saw the boys gaming setup where he normally streamed. Karl opened his closet and pulled out a sweater and a pair of sweats for himself.

"Oh here, I guess this is as good a time as any to give you this back," Karl extended the light blue hoodie out to Nick, his love stricken smile still pulled at his lips.

--------------

A/N: I have no clue what this upload schedule is but aweeeeeee look at them gooooooooooooooooooo

ALSO WELCOME TO FERAL FEBRUARY FOLKS WE ARE POPPING OFF!!!!!!!!!