Chapter 27: Peeps + Prom(?)

The last few days of April, and the last lingering moments of the glorified spring break. Summer was closer than ever, and that meant graduation. Oh, yeah and the thing that had Nick on the edge of his seat- Prom. Believe him he had plenty of reminders that the biggest dance of his life was coming up. Dream and George had dragged him with them to go get fitted for tuxedos, Alex prodded at him on how he planned on asking Karl, Jessica- no he didn't want to even relive those memories.

That brings us to this very moment. Nick, sitting in the fitting room as George is spinning around in a deep navy blue tux, Alex is texting him, trying to bounce ideas around on how to ask Karl while Nick quips back on who Alex is going to take.

Alex 🤪

Chill Sap-daddy I've
got plenty of babes
knocking at my door 🙄

never call me that

ever

and i gotta do sum big
for him, he deserves it

have you checked
pinterest like gogy
and i told you to?

no...

im telling you pin👏
ter👏est👏👏👏

---

Nick sighed and looked up at his friends again. They looked great, as usual. Nick still had no clue what he was going to do color wise. Nick begrudgingly took out his phone and went to google to just search for 'promposal's' knowing most results would be from pinterest anyways. After a few minutes of scrolling he burst out laughing, grabbing his friends attention.

"I know we're gay as hell, but can I take you straight to prom," George muttered, punctuated by Dream wheezing.

"That's good," Dream wheezed again, "Do that one."

"Are you really gonna go the corny route?" George asked, handing Nick his phone back.

"I think he would like it, he's always making puns," Nick wiped a tear from his eye, Dreams laughing was a catalyst for him to laugh even harder at the prom pun.

George nodded, joining in on the laughter. Nick sent Quackity a screenshot of the inspiration picture, not bothering to check the response.

George and Dream took off the tuxes they were renting, paying for them (Dream arguing to let him pay for Georges too), and then walking out of the small store and to the car.

"You're not gonna rent one today? Prom is almost here," George asked concerned.

"I got fitted so it'll just be a matter of picking a color, I have a feeling Karl has been going mad in his room for the last week making color schemes." Nick chuckled at the thought.

---

Karl stood with Chris and Chris' girlfriend Katie on either side of him, staring at the monitor.

"I don't know, I think red is a good color for us, but it's the suit color I'm worried about," Karl tilted his head.

"I still think you should wear a vest and bow tie and let him wear a blazer and tie," Katie said.