Chapter 23: Sugar Cookies + Soulmates

Karl woke up the next morning, slender arms wrapped around his left arm. "Georgie let go," he whined quietly. The Brit shuffled next to him, groaning and squeezing the captive arm tighter.

"It's too early, go back to bed," George dug his head into the pillow.

Karl huffed and swung his right arm over his friend to get more comfortable. He was about to fall back into sleep, the warmth Georges body lulling him in when the bedroom door swung open.

"Good Morning!" Clay cheered, recieving a groan from the boy behind him.

Nick dragged himself over to the side of the bed Karl was sleeping on and pried him from Georges grasp. "My boyfriend," he muttered quietly.

Karl squirmed slightly to face Nick, burying his face in the crook of the older boys neck. He felt horrible. His head was killing him and he felt like he was going to get sick. Nick rubbed small circles on his back, calming his breathing.

"Oh, come on. Are you all seriously that hung over?" Clay asked.

"Yea Dream, now shut up and let us wallow in misery together," Nick groaned again.

"For once, I agree with Sap," George said, muffled by the pillow.

Dream pouted but complied, collecting George in his arms, running his fingers through his hair as the boy went back to sleep.

"Nick what about work?" Karl asked as he pulled away from the football player to look him in the eyes.

Sapnap pecked his lips and pulled him back in. "I called off yesterday, Rachel covered for me," Nick gave another silent thank you to the red head.

Eventually Dream convinced the other three to move down to the living room that was somewhat cleaned up. Dream door dashed them some breakfast and they ended up watching Saturday morning cartoons.

"Did Alex go home?" Karl asked.

"No," a groan was heard as Alex made his way down the staircase.

"No he didn't," Dream laughed slightly, "I just couldn't get him out of bed. Breakfast is in the kitchen."

Alex changed his directory and made his way into the kitchen to start eating and take some ibuprofen for his headache. The fifth wheel stumbled into the living room, collapsing in an arm chair as he lazily ate a breakfast wrap and scrolled through Instagram.

"Hey, SBI is holding a concert tomorrow night, three dollar admission," the boy muttered, only half serious about the idea.

"Will and Techno's band?" Dream asked, pulling out his phone to go check Instagram.

"SBI? Who's that?" Karl asked, slightly confused.

"Sleepy Bois Incorporated, SBI for short. As of right now they're a cover band at our school. There's Will and Techno- Techno is a stage name- they're in our grade. Will is the main guitarist and lead vocals, Techno is usually the bass player but sometimes he takes over drums," Sapnap explained.

"The other three members are Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo," Alex interupted Nick. "They're all Sophomores. Tommy mainly plays drums but sometimes does duets with Tubbo, who plays keys. Ranboo is their techy but he does sound pads live on stage and he sometimes likes to mess with their vocals. Then there's their 'manager' Phil. He's Tommy's older brother and is really good friends with Will and Techno. He's a college student," Quackity sunk further into the chair, trying to ignore his aching head. 

Karl nodded giddily. It must be really cool to be in a band like that. Have people that were willing to pay to listen to you perform.

"Karl you wanna go see 'em? As our first official date?" Nick asked, nudging the smaller boy.

Karl's eyes lit up. He had never been to a concert before. He nodded his head sincerely, hoping that was a good enough answer. He still felt like crap and didn't feel like talking. Nick swung his arm around Karl protectively. He lingered over the sight of the boy. The way his nose scrunched slightly when he giggled. How his cheeks blocked his sight when he smiled, or the way his bed head poked out in every direction in the cutest way possible. Nick was so incredibly head over heels for this boy, and it had only been a little over a week.

Karl glanced up at his boyfriend, a blush crossing his face as he noticed Nick was staring at him. He leaned into the welcomed touch, happy for the comforting warmth Sapnap provided him. His touch was like the sun, it was warm and pleasant. He zoned out slightly from the conversation. Something about Alex being able to get them backstage passes? He wondered when everything in his life had become so, perfect. When did Nick start to notice him? Had it been before that one fateful morning in the candy store? Nothing about that interaction stuck out to him. Was it the day he helped him study? When Nick had been undoubtedly distracted from the algebra on the page. Maybe it was before Karl even knew his name. Maybe he had been late to finding his soulmate.

Soulmate. That was a funny word to think about. Karl had never thought to much about soulmates. He had hardly thought he had one, doomed to a life of energy drinks and twitch for the rest of eternity. Well maybe not doomed. He loved his energy drinks and streaming, not as much as he loved Nick though. Soulmates and love, what did it all mean. Karl had never felt this way before. Was this love? Infatuation perhaps? No not infatuation. Karl knew this feeling wouldn't burn out quickly, but he was sure of it's intensity. Perhaps limerence? No that wasn't the word either, he wasn't obsessed, he didn't feel co-dependent of Nick. It was an intense emotion. An emotion that made him want to never stop smiling, but also cry whenever he saw Nick. Not a bad cry, but just cry, because he didn't know what else to do.

Karl lazily looked in the direction of George and Dream. That's what love was. That was a soulmate bond, something Karl longed for. To feel so unconditionally loved, and to love someone like that in return. He wondered, only for a moment, if he and Nick looked like that to other people. If they looked that in love with each glance. He felt Sapnap squeeze him out of his thoughts.

"You okay? Do you need some ibuprofen? Water?" His eyes were so full of concern.

Is this what love feels like? How do you know when you're really in love. Can you even fall in love this quickly? These thoughts swam through Karl's brain as he shook his head softly, a smile tugging at the brunets lips. "I'm okay, honest, just," Karl trailed off, looking at the other couple again, "Just thinking."

He was scared to call this love. He decided that for now, he would sit on it. Like a mother hen sits on her eggs until they're ready to hatch. He would wait patiently, until he was sure that this was love. That Nick was truly his soulmate.

-----------

A/N: Ello! Sorry for the shorter chapter! Very intense though, apologies! I should update again tonight so be prepared for SBI to be here teehee

Thank you guys so much for 4k reads that's really poggers and swag, I never thought this story would get that many reads haha, it means so much to me, all the reads, votes, and comments

Also do you guys still want that Rachel x Reader? Lemme know! Maybe drop some ideas.

Again thank you for reading!!!!!!