Part 26

All three boys waited watching the room waiting for Luna to hopefully escape. "What do we do?" Reggie look at the other two trying to think of a plan.

Alex and Luke didn't bother answering him they just kept looking into the room. They see a women look into the halls checking if anyone is near by before closing the door.

All three boys thinking the same thing "she's so screwed"

_______________________

Luna under the desk squeezing her eyes tight she knows she going to get caught. When has anyone hiding under the desk not get caught. She hears the door close and multiple footsteps walking around the room but none going too close to the desk yet.

"What are we doing down here?" Jace looks at Maria who called them all together.

Maria looks straight at Caleb "Someone wants out"

Jace snaps his head towards Caleb "You want out now? When we are so close"

"I can't do it. Not to her and not to them"

"Don't you want to be alive again? And not just be an illusion to people? They are our chance Caleb, we are so close. We have them all here tonight we could do this" Maria try's to convince Caleb

"I just ruined a friendship I'm pretty sure for this. You can't back out now" Jace raises his voice a little

"I'm sorry I just can't. She cares too much about them and I can't rip that away from her" Caleb tries to explain

Luna heard a pair of footsteps walking towards her and she sees a pair of long legs standing right by her. She tries to move and push herself all the way into the corner so she wouldn't be seen but instead she kicks the tall figure.

Caleb backs away from the desk a little bit so he can take a subtle look under the desk. He sees a small figure pushed under the desk. At first he was enraged ready to rat them out but a small bit of light comes by from Maria turning on the lamp for Caleb to see its Luna under the desk. She looks terrified ready to get caught at any moment.

________________________

"We have to get them out of the room" Alex states to everyone

"Well no duh Alex" Luke looks at him slightly annoyed

"Guys stop we have to think. What if she's already caught? They have been in there for awhile" Reggie begins to get nervous

Luke and Alex both look at each other sharing the same idea "Reggie you been here the most where is the costume closet" Alex ask making Reggie give him a weird face but still showing him

________________________

Caleb sees Maria walking towards him but he shuffles his feet's all the towards the desk blocking Luna. Still able to see Luna he turns off the lamp making Jace and Maria give off confused looks.

"People will know we are in here of the light is on they can't know about any of this"

"You always confused me Caleb" Maria tells him as she stops a couple steps away from him

As this happens they all hear a knock on the door and voice saying in a high pitch voice "House keeping"

Luna slaps her hand over her mouth to keep her from laughing

____________________

"Why do I have to be the maid?" Luke ask a little upset "Why not Reggie? He has good girl voice"

"Because I explained this ten times by now Luke you are the only one who can't fit into it and that's the only costume left" Alex rolls his eyes annoyed at this point.

Luke sighs and goes get changed just as Reggie comes out dressed as a plumber.

"How come you get the best one" Reggie pouts at Alex as he's just dressed as one of the stage crew

"Because I got here first"

Luke still in the changing room finally finishes and look in the mirror and shouts out to the other boys "I think I got the best one" he does a little twirl "I look good" as he walks out to the boys.

They all stand there shocked looking at Luke they didn't expect him to actually look good in a maid outfit.

Luke getting uncomfortable with the stares he clears his throat saying let's go just leaving the two still watching but quickly ran after him

________________________

Caleb looks down at Luna trying not to laugh knowing right away this is some ruse trying to get Luna out. He rolled his eyes knowing that voice from anywhere but acted confused like everyone else

"What do we do?" Jace whisper shouts at the others

"If we don't say anything soon they will barge right in" Caleb looks at Maria

"We will talk more later then"

________________________

Luke just heard angry whispers behind the door and finally footsteps coming closer. He looks up to see Reggie pretending to work on a pipe but awfully acting. He looks the other way seeing Alex looking at a clipboard and pretending to check things off.

Luke heard the door handle click as he looks down not trying not to make eye contact with anyone. He see Maria step out first but she stops for a second looking the three boy who 'working' but she quickly walks again.

Jace is out second he doesn't even bother to look at any of them. But Caleb looks at all three and they know they have been caught. Caleb just laughs and keeps walking.

Maria whispers towards Caleb "You need knew employees" she points to Reggie "I think that one is hammering a water pipe" they all look over to see Reggie of course hitting a pipe with a hammer

_______________________

Luna gets out of the desk but falls quickly when she hears the door open again but sighs of relief to see it's just the three idiots.

Not even questioning their outfits "Guys you won't believe what I think is going on"

They all look at each other and then back at Luna ready for her to say something