Pt 21

Luke and the boys didn't know what to do. Caleb basically just told the boys it was him not Nick. He must know they will chase after them so it could be a trap. But if they don't chase after her something horrible could happen. Without thinking Luke is the first to chase after. Alex and Reggie chase after him but there was no stopping him. Only thought Luke had was Julie and he didn't want to lose her.

Reggie also was thinking about Julie but his mind was on Luna. Her performance would be in an hour or two. She would think they bailed on her when reality they were saving Julie. How will she know? Should he go tell her?

Reggie started slowing down letting the other two fly past him. Sometimes it seemed Reggie was the only one who thought about things. Caleb would possibly know they would chase after her but why did need them to? He knew once they explained to Luna what happened she quickly forgive them and apologize for being upset. So where was he going with this?

Reggie completely stopped running at this point watching his friends get farther and farther. Caleb was smarting than this he wouldn't have done this without a plan.

Reggie poofed to the club to see if he could find Luna. He walked in to see the place was already crowed and seen ghost talking to people already but no trace of Luna yet.

Reggie spotted Jace ran up to him asking where Luna was and his face immediately went guilty. He didn't say anything but walked away waving his arm taking Reggie to follow.

He showed him an empty hotel room basically. Reggie just looked at Jace who sighed "This was her room" Reggie looked confused why he was showing her room and not her in person. He looked around seeing how empty it was. He been in here maybe once or twice and it use to be more. Her clothes in the drawers, bed unmade, pillow on ground, maybe two or three posters up, snacks all over. But now it seemed she just vanished with her stuff.

"What did you do" Reggie got up in Jaces face angry, oh was he angry. Jace just backed up till he hit the wall and explained everything. He met Reggie and this wasn't him. He was never serious or angry he was all jolly and playful.

Reggie was furious he made Luna cried, especially how he told her they couldn't possibly care about her. Luna was probably the most important person to Reggie. Yeah he had Alex and Luke but they never took him serious as Luna did sometimes and they never wanted to do the things he wanted to do but Luna would always join even if it was dumb. He could even talk to her about how he was feeling he couldn't talk to them, they had more going on with their lives and he felt bad just putting more.

Reggie started thinking where she could possibly go she didn't know many places. She stayed to what she known. So that meant Julies house, the school, her house, or the beach couldn't be at Julies since he was just there nor at the school since she only went there for her sister. So she had to be at her house or the beach. He remembered her saying that the beach wasn't too far away from her house so he could check her house first then the beach.

__________________

Reggie has never really been in Lunas house. She showed him once but she quickly left bringing him to the beach. Should he knock? That was dumb he thought, of course he should.

He went up the stairs trying to knock but his hand going right through. He just poured and walked in. It seemed as the family was about to eat dinner.

A little circle table that could fit four people most but only three people there. The dinner table was two steps away behind the couch which was five steps away from the kitchen. And then a couple more it was a hall to all the rooms and the bathroom. It was a very small house. It was a mess but it was a cozy mess? Reggie could tell Luna didn't grow up with as much as he did and maybe that's why I she didn't want him to go inside. She was embarrassed. She should never been embarrassed over this, Reggie thought, money means nothing and it doesn't show who you are so why should people care.

He seen four plates set but he was sure Luna told him she only had a sister. Lunas father walked in with his this glasses on the tip of his long pointy nose. He looked exhausted he had bags under his eyes and wrinkles all over. He didn't have much he was completely bald in one spot in the back. He was taller than Reggie, he would give him 6'1" maybe. He posture was pretty bad he was hunched over with pizza in his hands tossing it in the middle of the table yelling for his wife and daughter. Reggie thought he couldn't be any less than 50.

His wife walked in and she didn't look too much different than the father does. They looked very exhausted with bags under her eyes she did have less wrinkles her posture was much better. She looked younger and Reggie could tell where Luna got her beauty from. Her mother's hair a little shorter than shoulder length but it was very neat. She was very short, shorter than Luna she might be around 4'10". She had to be in her late 40s

Hearing a door close down the hall Reggie looked down waiting for her to come down. Slowly he seen a figure walk down. She didn't look to much like Luna close enough.

She was only one in the family who looked living but she didn't seem to be happy. She didn't have a smile on her lips or even in her eyes. Her hair was in a tight pony tail and she was wearing her jersey with the number 17 on it. She was kind of tall she around 5'5". She was way tanner than Luna probably from playing soccer outside in the sun everyday Reggie thought.

The family sat down but Reggie was waiting for the fourth person to come out and take a seat but no one did. He realized that was meant for Luna. The family didn't talk much they only asked each other how their day went and chewed. The daughter getting up first saying thank you and leaving to her room as the the other two argued. They argued about a lot Reggie thought. It started with the dad yelling "Look we made our only daughter hate us and miserable"

The mother looked upset he said that "Only? What about Luna? Is she not our daughter now?" Her eyes swelled up with tears" the father just rolled his eyes but Reggie could see guilt in his eyes for saying "only"

"You know what I meant. We need to start moving on and not keeping holding on to her. God we still set up a place for her at the table" The father got louder as tears fell down he just didn't want to be reminded he couldn't save his baby girl.

"Some of us aren't ready to let go!" The mother was now standing above the father looking down at him as he was sitting she seen a few tears but she didn't care. "Some of us still love our daughter"

That's all it look to break the dad he was crying and screaming every where. "I don't love her!? I was one who said we should chase after her when she ran away that night but you just said she was being dramatic like always!"

"You wanted to bring her back to this dump of a home! We can barely afford the electric bill! We had to take up two jobs and we could barely see our kids!" The two stopped screaming and now we're just crying into each others arms.

Even though they argued a lot know and they say things they both know they don't mean it. They are just hurting and blame themselves for their daughters death.

Reggie walked down the hall to her sisters room to see she had her headphones on and her music up loud Reggie hearing some of it as she cried. She heard them arguing Reggie realized. He felt awful this was the family now. He wondered how it was when Luna was around. She always seemed to brighten up the room no she brightened up the world.

This was the real reason Luna didn't want him inside. Anytime visited it would end up like this and she would just sit at the table crying watching her family fall apart.

Reggie had to get away he was crying for them and Luna. He ran out of the house to breathe. Letting some tears down as he started thinking how everyone's family took it when they died. How did his family take it. Reggie started crying harder he needed Luna these are the things he talked to her about. He pushed his feelings down wiped the tears and went on to look for the guys and Luna.

Reggie seemed to always do that. Put others before his own. Luna always told him that, that sometime he should watch out for himself maybe even take a break. But he always said people had bigger problems than his and Luna would looked worried at her friend scared for when he would break and it seemed it was close.