Pt 4

"Please tell how you died from a hot dog" Luna looked at him she seen many emotions in his eyes sadness, humor, and happiness.

"Okay okay well the whole story that leads up to the death or just the death" he kept a staring at her, he felt happy for some reason you would think this would make him sad but with Luna it was one of the funniest things.

Luna pretended to think looking up with her fingers on her chin rubbing it "Hmmm the whole story duh I would like to know everything that leads up to it"

"Well then it might take awhile" he was waiting for an objection but never got one. 

_____________

1995

"Mom you don't understand this is my life!" Luke screamed at his mother with her screaming back "No it's not you aren't going to get anywhere with that! Go to school, be a normal teenager! Finish school first!"

His mother will never know how much that hurt, she didn't believe in him. And he wanted to hurt her back just as she did him.

"You know what! I don't need you! I never did!" He yelled louder running around grabbing his bag stuffing things in quickly and go straight for the door.

"You aren't going to make it, now stop! Come back here! You know your little band can't do it!" His mom yelled loudly back.

He stopped breathing heavily, his chest going up and down fast. Without looking at her he speaks words he never meant "I hate you and I always will"

He ran out his mom close behind crying calling him back saying sorry but it was to late he was gone on his bike.

He stayed at where Julie lives but that the time it was his hands "studio" he wrote songs trying to find the words to say sorry to his mother. Finally coming up with "Unsaid Emily"

His and and him sang and practice it he was ready to give it to the world but first he had to get them a gig.

Days go by and they finally got to play at the Orpheum. He was excited anyone who played there became big and he wanted to show his mother he could do something and make her proud.

After practicing their sets him Alex and Reggie went to get a hot dog before the show. Of course you would think not to eat from dogs being sold from a weird car but they thought they would be fine.

They sat down eating nothing it taste weird but went on. Luke thinking about him and his mothers fight and how he should go apologize.

The next thing he knows all three of them are in the back of the ambulance but didn't make it out.

______________

He just played with the sand waiting for her to say something.

"Just a couple of things" she took his hand and looked into his eyes with sympathy "I'm sorry you never got to say sorry to her. I'm sure she knows you never meant and that she regrets the things she said. Have you ever visited her to see how she's doing?"

Luke his head slowly, he was to afraid.

"How about we go tomorrow? I'll come with I don't if you don't want to" Luna suggested. Luke liked the idea of her coming it put him at ease a little. He nodded his head smiling he's going to see his mom, tears fell from his eyes. Luna let go of his hand and quickly hugged him as he cried into her shoulder.

Once he calmed down she moved his to her lap as she played with his hair. She remembers her mom doing to calm her. Luke couldn't stop staring, even though they just met he was glad they had met and can't wait for them to get closer. He smiled up at her and she noticed smiling back but soon laughing "Why did you think it was a good idea to eat a hot dog from a car?" Soon Luke joined in laughing and smiling at her.

He couldn't help but smile, he loved her laugh and never wanted it to stop and he always wanted to keep a smile on her face. "We don't know. We ate from that a bunch of times before we didn't think we would die" they kept laughing finally stopping.

Luke looked up wondering how she died and so he asked.

Luna stopped playing with his hair for a second and then started again. She took deep breathes and started talking.

________________

One year ago

"Luna dear" her mother called her as she appeared to Lunas bedroom door. "Your sister has soccer practice after school we won't be able to pick her up me and your father will be at work. Can you please remember to go get her?" Her mom asked so nicely her eyes looking up at her basically pleading.

"Sure mom what time?" Luna looked up from her computer as her mom sighed of relief. Luna wasn't always in best moods but this time she was.

"4 pm please" her mom wrote it down on the paper and where to pick her up "Please don't embarrass her she's just a freshman" her mom begged

Luna chuckled she just found it funny "Okay okay I won't mom now go you are going to be late" pushing her mom out of the house basically saying goodbye and hugging her.

Time passed Luna started texting friends it was the weekend so she could go out and hang out for a little before she had to leave.

Of course they went to the beach splashing each other running around and throwing the frisbee around. They all sat on the blanket and started singing loudly as the sunset.

Luna decide to look at her and seen a bunch of messages from her sister, Mia, her mom and dad. She soon looked at the time and seen it was 10 pm. She cursed as she ran from her friends getting home fast. The wind started picking up and she knew there would be a storm tonight.

She seen her little sister sitting on the couch looking down at the table her parents angry standing waiting for her to arrive.

"I know I know I am sorry I lost track of time it will never happen again. I'm sorry" she looked at her sister saying sorry again but her parents just told Mia to go to her room.

Once they heard the door close Lunas parents screamed. And Luna screamed back. She wants one to not hold her own.

"How could you do that to her! Something could've happened" her dad scream and her mom nodding in agreement.

"She fine isn't she?! She got hone in one piece! She's 14, when I was her age you guys would force me to walk!" Luna yelled back

"You had one thing to do! God you are in your senior year! Almost 18! How are you going to go to college or get a job if you can't pick up your sister!" Her mom got in her face.

Luna couldn't take it "I'll just leave then" she grabbed her keys and left.

It started pouring hard but she didn't care she went to the beach sitting on the bench taking off her hooding and shoes. Leaving them there she went in the water to calm down but the storm got worse. The waves crashed harder and one bringing Luna down with and keeping her.

______________

Now it was Lunas turn to cry and Luke's turn to comfort. "That why on the bench I sit in all the time, my name is on it" she pointed to the bench "also why I'm always scared of being late, and why I was at school at that time. I watch my sister play then and late at night I go home and watch them"

Luke didn't say anything he didn't know what to say