Pt 20

Luna checked again at the table. Still nobody. She just sighed in disappointment. Jace looked at the girl from across the room seeing she was stressed everyone was arriving but not the people she wanted to see. He said sorry to the people he was talking to and quickly ran up to the girl just grabbing her arm heading to the stairs.

Going up many flights and many questions coming from Luna they finally arrived to the roof. Luna out of breathe as Jace just went to the edge of the building and sat down waiting for Luna to arrive next to him.

Sitting down next to him hugging every few seconds "Couldn't just poof her huh? Just had to make me run" she smiled at the boy as he just laughed and nudged her a little. "So why am are we up here?" Luna looked at the city. She knew it was beautiful at night but she never truly looked at it. The lights coming from every building, few but bright stars, the moon full shinning down on the loud city, and a little breeze ever so often.

Jace just admired the girl smiling. He truly cared about her and didn't want to lose her. He knew her heart belonged to someone else but he couldn't help but give his up so easily to the girl.

"Well, I just wanted to talk maybe get somethings off your mind. You looked a little stressed back there" Jace still looking at her as she tilted her head to him a little smiling that he cares.

"Yeah I guess you could say that" Luna looked at her hands playing with her fingers.

"Okay, well what's up" Jace looked at the city "Tell me what's on your mind"

"My friends promised to be here and they haven't showed up. They know how important this is to me and they still didn't come. The doors are going to close soon so if they are even late they couldn't get in" she looked up at Jace "Me and the boys missed Julies dance which was important to her to so I guess you could say this Karma, right?" Luna just gave a little chuckle. "Maybe I'm just being dumb? What if they something important is happening? What if something is wrong?" Luna started getting up worried.

Jace quickly got up stopping her bringing her back to sit "What could've possibly happened to them Luna? You talked about this for days to them. You practiced like I never seen before. There's no excuse for them not to be here" A part of Jace hurt for keeping information away from her but he had to.

"Maybe. I still don't know. It just doesn't seem like them" It really didn't seem like them at all they also talked how excited they were.

"They did it to Julie, what makes you think they wouldn't do it to you! God, Julie probably wanted it the most since you did it to her too!" Jace yelled out to the sky startling Luna. He was just sick of hearing about them that's all they talked about these days. "You only known them for what? A couple months? What makes you think you are that important to them." Jace got up without a word going to get ready.

Luna didn't realize she was crying. He was right, what makes her think she was that important to them. Reggie, Alex, and Luke known each other for years. She could never be apart of their group. Julie known Flynn for years also. Luna wasn't close to anyone anymore.

To be honest she couldn't even remember her old life. Luna started thinking more and more trying to remember but all she could remember was the day she died. She doesn't even remember her friends.

Everyone else seemed to remember their lives why couldn't she?

Jace felt awful for yelling at her like that, he wasn't one to yell or even get angry. He was just tired of hearing about how Reggie did this and how Luke did that or how Alex said all of this. Jace was jealous, he just wasn't ready to admit it. He was jealous how she could know they group for such a short period of time and become so close to them.

Hearing footsteps running behind him he looked back seeing Luna running past him crying all the way down the stairs probably all the way to her room. His heart ached feeling awful what he did to the girl he cared about.

People came up Jace left and right asking about Luna. Luna didn't realize how many people cared about her. They may never show that they care all the time some just didn't know how to or even approach her. Jace became overwhelmed with everyone asking he didn't even think this many people cared about her.

Ignoring them all just walking towards Lunas room he knocked but the door just creaked open slowly. He looked into the room to room clean nothing all the floor or even dust. Not a trace of Lunas existence any where in the room. He looked in the bathroom to see it was cleaned out anything in it was gone, he went to the small kitchen seeing no food or drinks there not even utensils there. He went back to the bedroom to see the only thing left was her suit case but it was empty.

Feeling a chill go down his spine he looked at the window wide open and the white thin curtains blowing with the air.

She was gone. No trace of her.