- Praise - Tsukiyama -

One-shot written by upercasedd

I do not own this one-shot or the idea, they just asked me to publish it in my story

Enjoy (It's really good btw 0w0)

-J

--------------

Despite his stay in the Karasuno volleyball team, Yamaguchi feared falling behind. Parallel to Ennoshita, Yamaguchi attempted to take his volleyball skill further. The only difference was the progress pace. While Ennoshita's receives quickened, his serves collided with the net and hit the floor on the wrong side.

Yamaguchi couldn't take anyone's pitiful looks, or reassuring "don't mind, don't mind" lines. Truth was, he did mind. Being on a team on the verge of becoming a powerhouse school, Yamaguchi couldn't afford to be the useless server.

It was the end of their practice, but Yamaguchi was sweating for nothing. None of his serves were right. Despite watching the float serves a hundred times, he couldn't put it into practice. Not only was it frustrating, but it was worrying him. How many practices would it take? Unbeknownst to him, Tsukishima practically read his frustration from afar in silence. Both of their eyes flickered toward the team starting to gather.

The practice had come to an end. Yamaguchi still didn't feel satisfied. All he could do was spectate and listen in on other conversations.

"Hinata and Kageyama go home first," Daichi nearly deadpanned. The pair stayed up way too late, every time. He appreciated their endless passion and stamina. However, that didn't magically decrease their needs for sleep and rest.

"But-" Hinata insisted whilst bouncing as proof of his energy. Daichi didn't have the heart to death glare Hinata directly but gave them both a stern look anyway. A stern look that said, no.

"Fine we'll do it somewhere else," Hinata muttered under his breath. Daichi fought the urge of rolling his eyes even after Hinata walked back toward Kaeyama to plot how to break their captain's orders.

Yamaguchi's head sparkled with lightbulbs at the sudden idea. It would not work on Daichi, he mentally noted. However, Sugawara wore the nicest smile as he talked to Asahi and Noya about the practice. Passing Tsukishima, he slowly walked toward the smiley silverhead.

"Sugawara-San," Yamaguchi rushed amidst the trio's conversation. None of them minded the sudden intrusion. Sugawara himself seemed pleased to talk more to his teammate. Still, it didn't stop a slight embarrassing blush to spread across his cheeks.

"Can I- and Tsukki stay behind to practice a little more? A tiny bit? We'll lock up and all," Yamaguchi requested with all his desperation audible. Sugawara looked between a wide-eyed Tsukishima, which changed to an annoyed expression. Yamaguchi realized he hadn't asked his friend to stay behind with him. Ah...

"Well, as long as both of you don't stay longer than Hinata-Kun and Kageyama-kun do. I guess it's fine?" Sugawara hummed in thought but changed his expression to a reassuring one. Yamaguchi sheepishly smiled at Hinata whose expression screamed disappointment.

"Dumbass, it's because of your OnE mORe!! that we can't stay behind-" he heard Kageyama accuse Hinata of ruining their after-practices.

Yamaguchi turned to a careless Tsukishima who surprisingly walked toward them. Sugawara looked at him with anticipation and hoped to receive an answer regarding their stay after practice.

"I don't have the intention of staying for a long time," Tsukishima monotonously deadpanned, and stared bullets into Yamaguchi as a hint. The shorter nodded in agreement and offered the blond a grateful smile for his support.