❁Petals - Ennotana❁

This is some practise angst cause I suck at it!

-J

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

It had started with a seed. Slowly growing into something bigger. Ennoshita didn't know it yet but his fate was sealed until it was too late...

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

The bloodstained petals had been coming up more frequently now. Ever since Ennoshita had come to terms with his feelings, the roses that pricked his throat had been a constant reminder that he would never be loved by the one he admired so much. Tanaka. If only he realised how much pain he had been putting the wing spiker through. The red petals and blood never failed to come at the worst time, often during practices or in the rare moments where Tanaka wouldn't be talking about Kiyoko. It hurt, it really did, but Ennoshita wasn't one to ask for help from others. He had been handling things all on his own so why would he ask for help now? It just so happened that on one fateful day, Ennoshita got caught.

"Hey, Enoshita? Are you here?" came the familiar voice of their vice-captain.

"S-Suga?"

The wing spiker was caught in the awkward position of him leaning over the sink while the flower petals kept on spewing from his mouth.

"N-no, why didn't you tell me?"
Tears pricked at both of their eyes as they both took in the situation.

"Ennoshita explain!" the setter raised his voice which surprised the wig spiker.

"I-I love someone who doesn't love me back..."

"Well, no shit! Who is it?"

Ennoshita gulped before telling Suga "T-Tanaka..."

Silence enveloped the bathroom as they both took in what he had just said.

"Don't tell anyone! Please Suga, I'm begging you! I'll sort this out I promise!" tears streamed down Ennoshita's face as he begged.

A grimace fell across the setter's face "S-sure. As long as you sort this out..."

The wing spiker sighed as he watched his trusted friend walk out of the bathroom returning to practise. Turning back towards the mirror, he gazed at his messed-up dark brown hair and bloodshot eyes. His shirt was stained with blood and he looked like crap. While the tears still ran down his face, the boy slowly cleaned himself up.

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

"Chika! Why are you skipping practise?" a painfully familiar voice rang out from behind him.

Ennoshita stopped in his tracks. His attempt at skipping the rest of the practice had gone miserable wrong. No way was he going to let the rest of the team see him like this, they would... he didn't know what they would think but he knew it would be along the lines of pathetic. Stopping in his tracks, Ennoshita breathed deeply and waited.

"I'm not feeling well" was his reply.

"I'll walk you ho-"

"I'M FINE!" He cut Tanaka off.

Taking small steps, the dark-haired wing spiker slowly started walking out the gates. To his dismay, his ears picked up the sounds of footsteps coming closer to him. With the feeling of thorns in his throat becoming more apparent in his vision, Ennoshita ran. He didn't know what he was doing and his mind wasn't in the right place. He felt the thorns stabbing into his throat and lungs, making it harder to breathe. Black and white spots started to become apparent, but still in the facade that his team would hate him Ennoshita ran on. It was only as he started to slow down that he realized he was by himself. All that useless running was for nothing. Now he was probably even closer to his death than before. Depressing thoughts entered Ennoshita's mind as the black and white dots were shoved as an afterthought. Continuing at a slower pace, the wing spiker only then noticed his poor condition. The sports had now taken over half his vision and his breathing was becoming short. Yet he still trooped on. He needed to get as far away as possible from the devilish school and his crush.

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

This was it... his time had come, all because of him not being able to seek help. Lying in the middle of a small road with a small pile of flowers and blood trickling from his mouth, Ennoshita was savouring his last moment of life. That was until he heard a cry.

"CHIKA!" a familiar yet worried voice came from behind him.

"T-Tanaka..."

With the little vision, he had Ennoshita looked up at the bald wing spiker. Tears rolled down as he looked over his friend in horror.

"W-Why?" whispered Tanaka.

"C-Cause, I-I l-love-"

"CHIKA NO!"

As the last parts of his vision faded, a small smile was plastered on Ennoshita's face.

With the last breath he had, he whispered "I love you"

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

It started with a seed but ended with a rose. That's just how the hanahaki disease worked. Maybe things would have ended differently if Ennoshita had sought help. But he didn't, and so the world moved on. Tanaka eventually got over his friend's death and married Kiyoko. Although Ennoshita was gone from the world, he would always be remembered,

in the form of petals...

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

Well I hope you enjoyed >w<

Stay safe!<33333

-J