✤ Swimming hole - Iwaoi ✤

So I wrote this trying to get out of socializing at a wedding and it worked! Also this is really long and I like it so that's a plus!

-Jay

✤✤✤

It had been a simple trip to the swimming hole. A fun thing to do with your friends after a long week at school. Yet here Iwaizumi was...

✤✤✤

"You're coming out tonight, right?" Makki questioned, throwing the final volleyball into the basket as the club finally finished their daily training.

"Yea, I just needed to grab a few things from home then I'll meet you guys out there" Iwaizumi replied casually

"Sweet, catch you later then," Mattsun said, walking out the door hand in hand with the shorter pink-haired boy.

The wing spider waved a light goodbye, his heart twisting in knots at the couple's interaction.

It wasn't surprising when they came out to the club, anyone could have seen it, even the oblivious Kindaichi who was still trying to pick up Kinumi's hints. That showed something.

Humming a small tune, Iwaizumi finished up the sweeping, his mind in autopilot.

There was one person he had loved... years ago, he never remembered their face or their gender. It was... a blank face.

The only memories he had of them were their chestnut hair that was soft to the touch, their fair skin that shone in the sun, and their obnoxious yet playful personality that charmed Iwaizumi to the core... or that's what he remembered.

Whatever happened to that person, and when they stepped out of his life, was all a blur. Whenever he tried to think of them, he got a migraine and his head would go all fuzzy, not a nice combination.

He told himself, all he could do was continue with life and enjoy it to its best... yet no matter how many times he repeated that phrase, it never helped, he always came back to the mystery person in the silliest of times... just like now when as he walked home.

He never even realised that he had finished cleaning the gym, the wonders of autopilot.

The road to his house was a calm and slow-paced neighbourhood, not many cars, not many people, nice community, a perfect place for old people.

One thing he remembered about the mystery person, as they lived a house down from his. Their bedroom light often illuminating through his dense curtains at night.

That wasn't important, Iwaizumi shrugged the thought off, now pulling on his swimsuit and throwing a T-shirt on.

"Hajime, where are you going" his father yelled up the stairs, curious where his only son was heading off on a Friday night.

"To the swimming hole with Makki and Mattsun, you okay with that?" The teenager quickly replied.

"Of course, just be back before dark okay," his father said before disappearing back into the kitchen, most likely working on his latest dish for his restaurant.

With no other words between them, Iwaizumi wasted no time grabbing a bag full of snacks and rushing out the door, not wanting to interrupt his fathers intense cooking session.

Sliding on his shoes, he made it outside, the crisp afternoon air hitting his face. His shoes clicking along the concrete, the road empty aside from the rare car slowly driving along, or the elderly neighbour sitting cheerfully outside on their deck chair, waving hello to the youthful teenager.

The walk was a short one, the water hole only being two roads over as it connected to the river.

Five minutes later the sound of rushing water overtook Iwaizumi's ears. It was soft and calming, yet powerful, sending shivers up the wing spikes spine.