The Funeral

Peter's POV
Today was the day of the funeral. So of course it was down-pouring.

I couldn't even really see her name on the headstone. My tears made my vision blurry.

Ned was standing right next to me. And so was MJ. Something about her holding my hand made me feel like maybe all wasn't lost.

I laid down the rose I had in my hand. Then looked at the headstone right next to May's.

Ben Parker.

They could be together now. That was comforting. Right?

Not really.

"Do... do you want to go see your parents? Well we're here that is?" Ms. Leeds asked. Only a few other people besides me, Ned, Ms. Leeds, and MJ had showed up. They had all left.

I nodded.

We walked over to their graves that weren't too far away from May's.

MJ let go of my hand.

I sucked in my breath. No! She couldn't let go! I needed her! Please. Oh gosh.

I started breathing faster and my head felt a bit dizzy.

That is, until I heard her speaking.

"Hi Ms. Parker. Mr. Parker. You'd be really proud of Peter. He's a great friend, and— he really misses you guys. I know there's not much you can do about that but... I just wanted to let you know. I kinda wish I could meet you."

Her voice cracked here and there but other then that it was steady.

She got up and came to hold my hand again and I felt less dizzy. Less like everything was falling apart again. I squeezed her hand as tight as I could without breaking it.

"Ready to go?" Ms. Leeds asked squeezing my shoulder. I flinched. That was still a soft spot.

"Y- yeah. Bye Mom. Bye Dad." I said in a whisper.

When we got to the car I didn't want to let go of MJ's hand. I guess Ned got that a went to sit in the front seat.

She let go of it to get in the car but as soon as she shut her door I grabbed it again.

As we rode towards her house I kept squeezing it on and off, but never letting go.

By the time we got to her house I found my head was in her lap and she was running her fingers through my hair.

"Please don't go." I whispered. Not really to her. I didn't really expect her to here me.

"I see you at school. I got to go Peter."

I sat up straight and watched as she got out of the car. It was hard not to think about how pretty she had looked in the black dress.

Ned got out and then got in the backseat with me. I didn't meet his eyes, only looked out the window.

Ms. Leeds started driving again, this time to her house.

(Tom is sad. But he brings you a time skip.)

When we got to Ned's I changed into more comfortable clothes before I let myself fall onto the couch.

I don't even remember falling asleep. But I must've at some point, because I woke up to hear voices in the kitchen.

"I'm not so sure [insert whatever the name of Ms. Leeds is because I don't know]. Peter is a good boy and a great lol friend but how will we afford two educations? With both of them going to Midtown..." I recognized the voice belonging to Mr. Leeds.

"I know but we both work good jobs it wouldn't be too hard. If it would help I could get a second job somewhere." Ms. Leeds said.

"Are you guys talking about Peter?" Ned must of just walked in on the conversation.

"Yes, honey. We're trying to figure out what to do."

"Your not gonna let them take him to an orphanage right? We could— we could get a bunk bed! And he could stay with us! I wouldn't mind sharing my room!"

"It's not that simple, buddy." Mr. Leeds said.

I stopped listening.

They were gonna have to put me in a foster home or orphanage or something.

My heart started beating faster.

That'd be it then. No more Spider-Man. That meant...

If I wanted to be Spider-Man...

I'd have to run away.

A/N
Okay I started crying writing this chapter.

What do you guys think about Spideychelle bit I kinda added in here?

Anyway I really hoped you guys liked this chapter.

I'm just... gonna go cry because of something I wrote.

Or read fanfics.

Or both.

Bye!