Missing

Ned's POV
I woke up cold. That was the first strange part of my day. I got up and saw my window open.

'Peter must've gone out on patrol late last night and left the window open.' I thought.

Why didn't he tell me? I was supposed to be his guy in the chair! I shrugged it off as Peter needing time to think.

I remember him saying he likes to sit on the rooftops and think from time to time.

That's okay. If it helps him grieve that's fine by me.

Second weird thing today: Peter wasn't in the living room where he was sleeping well he was with us.

Must be in the kitchen. I'd be hungry if I swung all night through New York City too.

"Hey Mom." I said walking into the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie. Did you and Peter fall asleep in your room after building legos?" She asked. She was making eggs.

"Hmm?" I hummed taking a piece of bacon. "We didn't build legos last night. And Peter went to sleep on the couch like he normally does."

"He's not on the couch. Or in the bathroom. I figured you two were in your room." She looked up.

"You— you mean he's not in any other room?" I asked. I was starting to panic. He didn't come back from patrol? Was he hurt? Did Shield finally catch him? Was he dea—

I physically shook me head. He couldn't be. Right? He had to be okay.

"I'll call the police." She said panicked.

I went back to the living room as she talked with the police.

"What the heck Peter." I whispered under my breath.

I checked my texts in case he told me anything. I only had a few from the Must Protect Peter at All Costs chat.

Shoot.

***

Ted
Hey

My Daughter
FINALLY.

Kim Possibly
Is Peter okay?!

MJ told us what happened.

Merida
We've been worried all night.

No one's slept.

FeFe
Yeah.

Merida
Tony, you NEVER sleep.

Ted
Umm. About Peter...

FeFe
Tell him I'm working out the legal stuff.

My Daughter
Legal?

FeFe
Yes legal.

Apparently you can't take kids off the street and give them a nice home.

You have to do paperwork or it's considered kidnapping.

Ted
That'd be great if we could find him.

Kim Possibly
What?!

Ted
My mom is calling the NYPD right now.

I woke up with my window open and his bags gone.