NoT fRuIt PuNcH!

Peter's POV
I carefully painted the top corner of the last wall before letting myself fall from the ceiling.

"Done!" I shouted.

"Good!" Tony said standing up. "Time for lunch then. Rhodes should be here."

"Rhodes?" I asked, before it registered. "Wait. JAMES RHODES?! Like the War Machine?"

I started bouncing on my heels.

"Wow kid. Calm down. What was in that fruit punch that turned your mood around so much?" Tony chuckled, before leaving for the kitchen.

I quickly followed after him.

"Alright. I thought I asked you to get me Red Bull Tones." I heard James voice shout from the kitchen.

"I did! Bottom shelf, honey." Tony claimed, walking behind the counter and grabbing a mug. He squinted. "Hey kid wanna finish this for me?"

I nodded. Taking the mug I tried to take a sip of what I was guessing was cold coffee.

"Hey this is empty!" I accused, already bouncing on my heels I quickly slid the cup across the counter. "YEET!"

"Exactly why you don't need coffee." Tony added, catching the cup. I giggled.

"Tony there is no... oh. This is the kid you were talking about?" Mr. Rhodes asked.

"Yep!" Tony replied, popping the 'p'.

"You were actually seriously?!"

"Rhodes. I'm deaaa— I'm very serious!"

"Hi serious, I'm Natasha." Nat said walking into the kitchen. "Keep bouncing kid, maybe you'll manage to make it to the floor below us."

Despite her sarcasm there was fondness in her voice.

"Well where is all the Red Bull?" Rhodes asked again.

"Red Bull? Please don't tell that's a alcoholic." Steve groaned walking into the kitchen.

"It's a energy drink! Steve, I'm actually responsible."

"I'm responsible too!" Tony argued.

"Mmmh. Keep telling yourself that Tony." Natasha put in. "Looks like someone drank them. Hopefully not Clint." She point to three tall, open cans on the counter.

"Wait. That was an energy drink?!" Steve asked, his face panicked.

"Yeah. Did you drink them?" Mr. Rhodes asked.

"No....." Steve said quietly. "I thought that was fruit punch."

"So you did drink it?" Mr. Rhodes raised his eyebrows. Tony slammed his hand on the counter.

"Gosh dang it Steve!" He yelled. "No wonder the kid is bouncing on his heels. How many did you empty into that cup?"

"Two and a half..."

"Don't worry Mr. Stark! I feel fine!" I reassured him.

"Yeah, while you're still on a caffeine high. When you crash it's not going to be fun though. Trust me, I did it all the time in college." He explained.

"Kid's gonna be sick? Already? Dang. Well now me and Loki owe Pietro $20 each." Clint said popping out of a vent.

"Ooo! I want to go in the vents!" I exclaimed.

"First off, no. Second, do I even want to know why?" Nat asked.

"We placed bets on how long it would Tony to get the kid sick. I thought he wouldn't get sick until we at least let Tony cook for him alone."