Chapter 14

regarding last chapter: i should've written it a different way but his heat did affect some of his actions but only to a certain degree. finding rylan and leaving was completely him but feeling dizzy and forgetting where he was for a second was due to his heat. i should fix it but i'm not gonna 🗿

in conclusion: heats make you feel horny not stalkerish <3

ik i always say this, but i'll answer comments later kausjrystsjf. i really appreciate them and don't want ppl to think i don't see them!

 i really appreciate them and don't want ppl to think i don't see them!

"What have you been doing lately?"

"Um," I took a moment to really think about it, "exercising, running, sculpting, weight lifting, school, um.. I've been hanging out with Harrison too. Sometimes we draw together."

My mom's voice was soft on the other side of the phone, "You sound busy. I hope you're getting enough sleep."

"I am." My head bobbed even if she couldn't see me. "What about you and dad?"

"I had to buy new ear plugs because of his snoring and they seem to work pretty well." I could hear her relief through the phone. "Your brother and sister are coming home to visit soon, do you think you'd be able to come too?"

My tail started wagging at the thought. I haven't seen them in a while. "Yeah~! When?"

She went on to tell me all the details and then about anything that popped into her head. Our conversation was a little everywhere and eventually she ended up asking, "What about any girlfriends? Have you found a girl you like?"

"I like boys now." Immediately after, I paused, "...and girls."

"Okay, any boyfriends or girlfriends then?"

I tilted my head silently at first. Should I tell her? I felt hesitant about revealing anything about Rylan and Kyler towards her. I don't know if she's genuinely asking or is just worried about- "Um, not really."

"No? That's okay, pup. I'm just glad that you're having fun." My smiled dimmed a bit when I heard the almost undetectable relief in her tone. "How's Kyler? Are you still training with him?"

"Yeah." I scratched at my cheek, trying to ignore the sudden displeasure I felt. "We're actually about to go running so I have to go."

"Okay, sweetheart. Be safe and have fun. I love you."

"I love you too."

I tipped my head back against the couch and mentally sulked. Why does everyone care about who I like? My sister cares too much, my brother only ever texts me when he's asking if I found a girlfriend yet, it's annoying.

"Was that your mom?" Kyler asked while fixing his hair in the hallway mirror. After tying it into a high ponytail, he turned towards me.

"Yeah, she was just checking on me."