Chapter 21

QOTD: favorite tv series?

As expected, one stick of butter was too much

"It looks gross." Chet frowned as he stared into the sauce pan. All the butter was floating at the top in a pile and only grew when we added a cup of parmesan cheese.

"It's fine." I kept scraping some off the top to throw into the sink. "Let's just add more heavy whipping cream so it evens out."

He agreed and went into the fridge to get some more. Noticing his mood was a little down, "The bread came out good." I complimented, in hopes his tail would start wagging.

It did, very slowly.

Cute.

The sauce would've been saved and everything would've turned out fine after we plated it, but then Kyler had to come home and ruin everything.

When Chet and I heard the front door click open, we both paused and just stared at each other. Only a few seconds later, Kyler came into view and we were all just left surprised.

He didn't seem surprised to see me but he did look surprised to see us in the kitchen. "You're cooking?"

"Um," Chet stared at the whisk in his hand, "Yes?"

"It was a surprise~" I told Kyler as he came closer. "You weren't supposed to be home for another twenty minutes."

"I got my paperwork done early since I thought you were coming over."

Oh, I felt oddly flattered all of a sudden. "..It's fine then."

He gave Chet, who still looked lost on what to do, a kiss before leaning down to give me one too. "What're you making?" He looked into the saucepan but only a second later, Chet was pushing at his chest.

"Don't look, it's not done yet."

Chet put himself between the stove and Kyler, and then somehow, I managed to squeeze myself in between them. "Yeah, don't look." I wasn't blocking anything since Chet's larger body easily did but my point was still made.

Kyler didn't try looking again, he only chuckled and rounded the corner. "Alright, alright. You two have fun then, I'm gonna shower real fast."

"No peeking." I told him firmly, only because Chet genuinely wanted it to be a surprise.

"Yes sir~"

Scooping more of the butter out and adding heavy whipping cream basically transformed the entire sauce. It no longer was a clumpy mess that looked like a lost cause.

"We should be considered chefs for how good this turned out." I turned the stove off while he nodded happily.

When I turned around, he was holding out his hand. Smiling, I high-fived him with an oven mitt on before taking out the garlic bread.