Chapter 35

QOTD: favorite person?

What the fuck, was all Kyler could think

"Don't you think this is too much?"

Rylan raised an eyebrow, not looking up from his phone. He had a cushy spot on Kyler's bed, reclined against the headboard with an army of pillows behind him. "Hm? What do you mean?"

Rylan knew what he meant, but it was funny to tease him, and Kyler almost made it too easy.

Kyler stood beside the bed, almost in disbelief as he stared at his boyfriend who wasn't his boyfriend but also wasn't his ex. "Is this a joke?"

"A joke? What is there to joke about?" Kyler stared at the barrier of pillows in the middle of the bed and Rylan made a soft noise of realization. "Ah~ You mean that? That side is yours," he pointed, "this one is mine."

Kyler could decipher what the barrier was for but why. "I'm not gonna molest you in your sleep."

"I'm not taking any chances." Rylan turned his phone off, set it aside, and leveled him with a smile that Kyler wanted to taste. "Especially not after last time~"

"We kissed. You had complaints when we-"

"Friends don't kiss." Rylan tsked, interrupting him. "And we're just friends~ Maybe even best friends."

Rylan was trying to kill him.

"You can kiss me tomorrow." Kyler was thrown a bone, as if Rylan was doing him the biggest favor. "When we're boyfriends again."

Rylan bit his lip to hide his growing smile as Kyler gave up, eyed him suspiciously, and rounded the bed to his side. "I feel like you're having fun with this."

With how cute Kyler was when he was teased, Rylan was having fun. "Not at all. Do you know how hard it is for me to stay on this side? I just want to crawl over there and-" A pillow was pushed into his face, cutting him off.

"Three feet apart."

"Three feet?" Rylan muffled behind the pillow. He pulled it down and blew his hair out of his eyes. "Isn't that too close?"

"You said we're best friends, so obviously we'd be closer than six feet."

"Ah," a soft noise of understanding, "I did say that, huh?"

The line between them was already blurring. "Mhm, you love reminding me that we're just friends~"

Rylan's eyes trailed over his soon to be boyfriend. Slowly, they dragged up to his face, already finding those dark eyes on him. "Just until tomorrow." Rylan's gaze was glued on his lips. "Then you can have your way with me~"

Kyler glanced away, silently trying to decide something, before his gaze returned, heavier and more interested than ever. "It's almost 12."

Rylan hummed his agreement, sound soft in the otherwise silent room. "It's 12 somewhere."