Chapter 5

QOTD: what's something you need to stop doing so much?

He's too cute.

"Yeah?" I peered back at Chet, grasping his hand as we climbed the stairs to my apartment. He was trailing behind me, arm extended out to hold my hand while he held a smoothie in his other.

He nodded quickly, telling me all about how his day went so far. I usually woke up much later than him since I was up working most of the night so he was filling me in on everything I missed.

We'd only met up an hour ago and decided to get smoothies before heading back to my apartment. He talked just as much as the first night we met, telling me the most random things while asking me questions here and there.

He carried the conversation well, not letting a beat of silence go by before he was talking again. It was cute. He seemed so eager for our little date, making me feel a bit bad that I'd put it off for so long.

He has nice hands, I thought. His fingers were long and slim, perfect for-

"Your apartment's so nice." He mumbled in awe after I shut the door.

"Thank you." It better be for the amount of money I'm spending on it.

I let go off his hand, but only to grab his waist from behind and gently pushed him towards the couch. His waist is slim. I couldn't help but lightly squeeze it. Good to know. "Sit here."

He sat down and looked up at me, blinking innocently as if waiting for me to tell him to do something else. "Do you care what we watch or have something in mind?"

His head shook, fluffy, blonde ears flopping in the process while he watched me close the blinds. Though, it wasn't that necessary since it was already dark out. "I'll like whatever you want."

"Even if it's gory~?"

"Mhm." He nodded firmly. "Whatever you want."

After getting him a water bottle and deciding against giving him alcohol, I sat down next to him in the dimly lit room. I didn't put much thought in the movie we watched, just picking one at random from my watch list.

"Ah," Chet's ears perked up when he saw the movie title, "Kyler likes him a lot."

"Stephen King?"

"Yeah." He looked down at me for a moment. Fuck- he's way taller even when we're sitting down. "He has a lot of his books and movies." Oh? It was rude to assume, but at first glance, I didn't expect Kyler to enjoy reading. "I watch them with him sometimes but he gets annoyed when I ask what's going on too much."

I wanted to tell him he could ask me but I'd probably be as lost as him.

Thankfully, he didn't. He actually seemed to understand what was going on throughout the whole movie while I felt my mind wander. What the fuck is going on? Maybe I should've stopped zoning out and I'd understand how we even got to this part in the movie.