Epilogue

an average day for the loves

Six months was a lot of time to perfect our relationship

Eight months later and it was nowhere near perfect, but it was the best it's ever been, and that was more than enough. The three of us argued at times, made up every time, needed space other times, and most times were just happy with each other. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows every moment, but it was pretty close.

I lived in a house now. A one story house with a big master bedroom and even bigger bed, perfect for three people. I had an art room too, and Kyler still had his workout room- well, the garage.

There were pieces of us in every corner of the house. Rylan collected mugs, which I didn't know until we moved in with each other. Our living room had three large bookcases for all of Kyler's favorite authors and movies. And my art scattered the house at random. A painting here, a sculpture there, and so many random art supplies.

Rylan got annoyed whenever he found one of my stray pencils or paintbrushes, probably because they ended up staining something. I'd always apologize sheepishly, attempt to give him a kiss, and was forgiven right away.

Unlike Kyler, Rylan and I didn't sleep like the dead. So there were times when we got annoyed at him for waking us up early in the mornings. It wasn't his fault honestly, he just needed to get ready for work, but our need for sleep won over rationality.

Kyler and I still went on our runs. Not every day, because I liked sleeping in now, but sometimes. Rylan even joined us now and then, we'd have to slow jog those ones.

Oh- and we had a cat now.

Her name wasn't Ry, but Keiko instead, and she was a calico. Sammy absolutely loved her, always trying to play and run around. She wasn't having any of it, always watching him with a bored expression while he ran circles around her. At least she doesn't swipe at him anymore.

As the only lady of the house, Rylan told her she needed to set some ground rules with Sammy. Don't let him push you around, he sat Keiko down and gave her a lesson on handling men.

After two months of having her, I'd say it was Sammy who needed his own lesson. Don't just sit there and let her hit you, Kyler tells him all the time but it goes way over his head. At least he's happy to have a friend. Even if she doesn't particularly like him-

I didn't have a job, but I still sold my art now and then. That's basically a job, right? It was hard to maintain a steady income with just paintings but my sculptures usually sold for a lot, so that kept my pockets full.

All in all, I was happy.

Kyler didn't have work today, it was Tuesday after all, which meant he slept in. Rylan always slept in so as I slipped out of bed, looked for my clothes that were scattered on the floor, and dressed, they didn't move. They slept peacefully and I felt a little fond watching them cuddle. Cute.