Chapter 23

QOTD: what month were you born and your star sign?

When the three of us went to sleep, Chet had his arm around my waist so when I woke up in the middle of the night and saw both of his arms under a pillow, I looked over to Kyler instead

He didn't look that accessible to slip myself under but I decided I'd make it work either way, too tired and cold to care if he woke up or not.

He did end up waking up. When I lifted his arm and fit myself into his side, his eyes opened. They were hooded with sleep and shut a few seconds later when I settled.

Though, he didn't go back to sleep right away. Instead, I felt his hand slowly start rubbing up and down my bare back, still naked from earlier.

The touch was nice and was quickly lulling me to sleep so I slid my arm over his torso and pressed my cheek into his chest. His steady heartbeat made me even more tired and only a minute later, I felt his hand come to a stop.

The next time I woke up, it was morning.

When my eyes opened, it took a few seconds to realize Kyler wasn't in bed and I was pressed firmly into Chet's side.

He was pushed to the edge of the bed and I felt a little bad when I saw I pretty much had the entire bed to myself. Instead of attempting to move him over, I let him sleep and got up.

After throwing on my boxers and a random shirt I found, I quietly clicked the door shut to search for Kyler. It wasn't hard to find him, not when I could faintly hear noise coming from down the hall.

Cracking the door open, I immediately noticed it was in fact Kyler and not Lucas. The chances of Lucas being up this early were extremely slim but I still felt relieved when I saw Kyler.

He didn't notice me at first.

I've never been in this room but wasn't that surprised to see all the gym equipment. Of course he'd be exercising first thing in the morning, I thought flatly.

When the door clicked shut and I walked further in, he finally noticed me. "Oh- hey." His voice was a little loud as he set down his weights but the headphones covering his ears explained it. "Was I too loud?" He asked after sliding them down on his neck.

"No, I couldn't hear you." I assured him. "Do you do this every morning?"

He shook his head while I made myself comfortable on the bench press. "Only sometimes, usually when Chet and I don't go on our runs."

"You're not going?"

"He should probably sleep, he's been working pretty late on this new art project he has."

I vaguely remember Chet telling me about it and looking at the unfamiliar sculptor in the corner of the room confirmed this. Chet's showed me all of his sculptures but this one wasn't done and was unfamiliar to me.