Chapter 25

Waking up, I felt like I was hit with a truck

Waking up, I felt like I was hit with a truck. Not only did I wake up before my alarm, my blanket was on the floor, leaving me bare and cold.

Times like this, I wished Lucas was here so I could blame him for my misfortune.

But he wasn't. So I sat up with my eyes squinted drowsily and debated whether to roll over and sleep again. Knowing I had to pick Chet up today, I decided against it and sleepily reached for my phone.

If I weren't so tired, a small smile would've pulled at my lips from seeing a text from Kyler and Chet. But I was so I didn't. I hate morning people.

I read over Chet's texts first since there were a few. I read them once, and then once more, and slowly glanced at the time.

Chet: [picture attached] i made breakfast !! for kyler~

Chet: and lucas..

Chet: [picture attached]

The second picture was of Kyler. He was sitting at their table with a piece of toast in his mouth. His head was ducked down and his eyes dangerously hooded with sleep, almost looking closed. His hair was the messiest I've ever seen it. It stuck up in all directions while he chewed slowly. He doesn't look much like a morning person here. But he still looked cute so I saved it.

Chet: i'm going to school now 🏃🏼‍♂️

That was four hours ago.

He had one class today and it lasted an hour and a half.

Chet: are u still comingg?

Chet: it's okay if ur sleeping ^^

"Fuck me." I groaned and hurriedly got up. I didn't think about the clothes I put on, I just grabbed what was closest and shoved my limbs through. Apparently, I had not waken up before my alarm.

My alarm simply didn't go off.

Wow- I'm the worst. My shoes weren't even on all the way before I was out the door. Who the fuck shows up over two hours late? Standing in the elevator, I felt irrational irritation spike when it slowly went down floor by floor.

I felt the same irritation when my car came to a stop at a red light. Of course he was nice about it. He didn't even spam my phone like he normally does. I knew he would still be there too. He could easily walk home or take the bus but I knew he wouldn't.

Jesus fucking Christ if this light doesn't turn green.

My thumbs tapped at the steering wheel, as if that would somehow coax the light to change. By some miracle, it did. Was I going ten over the speed limit? Yes- but that was completely normal for me.

Five you're fine, nine you're mine. I lived by that but today, I'd risk the ten.

When I finally pulled into his university's parking lot, I felt even worse. I'm such a bad boyfriend. I wanted to slide down in my seat and disappear when I saw him sitting by himself.