Chapter 10

omg thank you guys for commenting sm <3
it makes me so happy and has really helped me keeping writing. i'm going to respond to them rn 😼🖤

QOTD: favorite age?

Kissing Kyler felt a lot like drowning

It was a slow realization that I processed only after he kissed me. It wasn't until he pulled away that I realized I'd been holding my breath and was clutching his thigh tightly.

It didn't feel anything like kissing Rylan.

Kissing Rylan was like first learning how to ride a bicycle. You fumbled at first, maybe fell down a few times, but eventually you were pedaling steadily.

Kissing Kyler had my chest tightening and my breath coming out shaky. I wasn't sure why, I didn't feel nervous. I wasn't unsure about how to kiss him so why did it feel like drowning?

I was afraid I might sweat through my shirt when I first kissed Rylan. I'll probably still feel like that the next time I kiss him, but it didn't have my chest tightening like this. But why?

Instead of trying to come up with some type of answer, I leaned forward and connected our lips again. Because I didn't want to know why.

And while kissing Kyler felt like drowning, it was just as addictive as kissing Rylan. There wasn't a need to pull away. If anything, I wanted to get closer to him.

Not one to ignore my urges, I let myself lean forward until I could properly place myself in his lap. If it were Rylan, I would've been too shy to ev- Kyler leaned back against his headboard and slid his hands up my thighs so he could cup my hips.

Breathe, breathe, breathe.

_____

It's not sex. It's not sex but it's not, not sex. It's something close to sex without being sex.

"I don't know." I mumbled. "Isn't that, like, bad?"

Harrison continued to listen to me rant on the other side of the phone. He was patient when I backtracked a lot and explained things that didn't need explaining. "Um, maybe not bad, but- maybe, um, messy?"

"Messy?"

"Well you said you liked Rylan a lot and you like Kyler too. Which is fine~ You can like more than one person but, um, you're doing stuff with Kyler too?"

"Not sex." I mumbled, because it's not. It's not sex but it's not, not sex. It's something close to sex without being sex.

"And Rylan doesn't know?"

My nose scrunched at his tone. I know, I know, I know, I know- "No." I reluctantly answered. "That's bad, right?"

"Messy." He corrected. "You're not dating so you don't really have to tell him stuff like that but since you've been going out more, then maybe you should."