14 ѱ LETTER #1 (BWWM)

SPEECHLESS

Meeting her out in the country the way he did, he believed she was a hermit who happened to stumble upon him. He foolishly assumed so much about her, and now he found himself humbled in a way he hadn't even felt when she saved him from death.

     "Cole. Cole. Baby, are you okay?" Angel's voice pulled him out of his head.

     "Yes. I'm sorry. It all just took me by surprise." He replied.

     "Oh yes. One thing I forgot to mention. It seems your uncle... Uhm... Jedidiah... Jedidiah... Uhm," The attorney searched through the documents.

     "My uncle doesn't have a middle name if that's what you're looking for." He assured her.

     "According to my records... here it is. Jedidiah Niall McGregor was the owner of an insurance policy. Unfortunately, it seems that he passed away shortly after you incarceration. Mr. Jedidiah kept impeccable records from what I can see in his ledger and the payment history in his files." The attorney combed through the papers as she spoke on Cole's uncle.

     "It seems that no one ever attempted to claim the policy after he passed away. Therefore, it has been sitting in an interest-bearing account for the last five years. When I inquired about the policy and stated that I'm your attorney, they sent some information for an estate executor. Today, it seems you have $1.6 million in the bank, which is a tad bit more when the interest it has earned is applied. I also have two letters from your uncle addressed to you. The executor gladly sent them to me with the rest of the documents concerning your inheritance. They remain unsealed, and I have them here," She reached into a folder and presented him with a seventy-page notebook-sized stack of papers.

     Sitting directly on the top of those papers were two envelopes.

ѱ ѱ ѱ

VOICE FROM THE PAST

"Mr. McGregor, would you like for me to go over the documents with you?" She asked.

     "Thanks, but I need some time to read all of this, and then we can sit down and discuss things. Right now, I am a lot overwhelmed, and I need a minute to process all of this." He confessed.

     "That is a good idea. Would you like to schedule a meeting for Monday sometime after lunch?"

     "Sounds good to me. Angel and I can go over these papers this weekend, and then we'll be better prepared to handle this." He stated.

     "Mr. McGregor, we are at your disposal." She assured him.

     "Baby, are you ready to go?" Angel asked gingerly.

     "Yes. I think so," Cole responded questions still visibly scribbled across his face.

ѱ ѱ ѱ

LETTER ONE

The ride to the condo was silent. Cole was deep in thought, and Angel respected that he needed time to process all that had occurred.

     She stopped and picked up some food she had ordered. Then, noticing that her man was still sitting in the truck, lost in thought, she went inside a convenience store to get some Blue Bell ice cream. Lately, all she craved was Moolenium Crunch and Banana Pudding. On the way out of the store, she saw a Redbox machine and decided to get a handful of movies so they could get full and then binge movies all night.

     After selecting a scary movie, a romance, and four action movies, Angel got to the driver's side and turned the truck toward their home.

     When they pulled into the secured community, she drove down the private road until she came to their home. Cole grabbed all of their purchases, and she grabbed her bag and the papers.