46 ѱ RESURRECTION (BWWM)

August 11, 2019

SURPRISE

Angel's eyes scanned the space for the reactions of her guests.

Cole dropped down to the ground. His bright cornflower blue eyes widened as if they grew to twice their size. Stunned into shocked silence, his mouth was frozen as if he needed to speak but no words would free themselves from his tongue. Angel's tormentor stared at the man to his left as if he were some kind of grotesque three-headed monster. He scooted a short distance away to fully take the stranger in. Igor lowered his head totally aware of what was to come as Regina took a few steps forward before several of the men assigned to control the events blocked her progression. Elaine stood motionless as if she heard and saw nothing.

"It's time for everyone to come clean, Mr. McGregor. Would you like to tell your truth or should I?" Angel pointed the knife at her biggest surprise as if she was pointing a microphone at him.

He leaned back throwing daggers with his eyes as if he held an ounce of power. The two of them briefly locked eyes in a hands-off battle. Recognizing it was her show, he turned to his right. Bruce was a few feet away and Cole was about ten or fifteen feet behind him.

The old man stood to his feet. His height alone gave him away. Once the two of them saw the man who raised them and disappeared from their lives by faking his death, the shame in their eyes cut him worse than a rusty blade.

ѱ ѱ ѱ

JEDIDIAH MCGREGOR

How does a man explain his reasons for disappearing from the lives of the people who loved him the most? That was the question Jedidiah was forced to answer the moment Genie gave him away.

It had never been his plan to disappear. Once he learned of the ongoing relationship between Igor and Elaine, he decided to leave the Brotherhood if he could convince Genie to follow him.

His plan seemed foolproof until some of the higher-ups noticed his movements. Selling property and consolidating his assets brought him more attention than he could shake.

"I tried to leave the beast we created. When those we had signed up with learned I was trying to get out, they assured me my son and nephew would be killed right along with me. They offered me one choice and I took it. I wouldn't be here today if a team hadn't located me out in the middle of Alaska."

With each unraveling of the most complex puzzle, the attendees of the meeting feared what would be revealed next.

Angel continued to scan the crowd. Jedidiah focused on the boys and then he glanced over to the woman he would have gladly given up everything to be by her side.

But much like his friend, life was far more complicated to allow him the ease and happiness he craved in her arms.

He never imagined his lies would consume and burn him alive. Because of the sins that were fortified by his hate, Jedidiah McGregor learned what hell must be like. Instead of love and happiness, he lived alone isolated in the cold far away from love's warm embrace.

Because he attempted to run in the name of love, those who exiled him threatened to kill any woman he allowed to get close to him.

He originally believed he could hide from them. When he found a place to settle out away from civilization in Northern Alaska, he allowed a woman to stay by his side.

Even though she was his age and she was white, he came back to his cabin after hunting one morning to find her strangled to death in their bed.

The white handkerchief that had been fashionably tied around her neck was anagrammed with a WP, symbolizing White Power, in block letters.