8 ѱ SECRETS (BWWM)

(SUMMER 1982)

They sat down on the couch side-by-side. For a while, neither Igor nor Lanie spoke a word.

     Igor reached for her tiny hand swallowing it up when he closed one hand around hers. They sat holding hands for a little while until they both looked up and saw their friends kissing. He turned to say something and then turned away.

     "Lanie. Can I kiss you?" He finally spoke the words he had been thinking for the last hour.

     "Okay." Her soft-spoken response was so sweet to his ears.

     Igor leaned down to her as his cobalt gray eyes locked with her dark brown eyes.

     From the moment she walked through the door, he was amazed that she was so pretty. She was very pretty with dark brown skin and a beautiful pearly white smile in her light blue short sleeve gingham button-up and light blue knee-length blue jean skirt. Lanie's black tresses were feathered like Farrah Fawcet's as it hung down her shoulders and back. Again, he was amazed at just how pretty she was.

     Leaning in, he gently grazed her lips. She was trembling beneath his hands.

     "You don't have to do this if you don't want to." He whispered to her.

     "I know." She smiled at him.

     The first night he met Lanie, the only thing they did was make out and talk. He wanted to do more, but he didn't feel it was right to rush such a sweet innocent girl.

ѱ ѱ ѱ

(EARLY FALL 1982)

A couple of times a week, they got together. They danced and played cards. Jedidiah always put up a curtain to give Regina and himself some privacy, but Igor and Lanie never progressed beyond kissing until he learned that she was leaving at the end of the summer.

     "Do you have to leave?" He asked her.

     "My mom and dad will have a fit if I don't come home. I'm supposed to go to college. I got accepted into Howard University. It's a prestigious black college." She explained to him.

     "But I don't want you to go. I... I... I lo..." She cut him off before he could say it.

     Other times when they kissed, it was always sweet and innocent. But, this time, it was as if they were trying to make up for all of the times that they would never get to kiss once she left.

     Lanie's hands slid under his shirt. She pulled him closer than ever before. Igor took the t-shirt off and pulled off slid her t-shirt over her head. Once he saw her white bra with little pink flowers on it, he stopped. He knew from being close to her that she had a nice rack, but he was stunned when he saw how big her breasts were.

     He leaned down and kissed the flesh peeking out at the top of her bra. The little moan that slipped from her lips lit up the blood in his veins. He pulled her forward and unfastened the bra. Her modesty prevented her from displaying herself to him. Lanie's eyes were closed tight as she held her hands over her boobs.

     "You don't have to do this if you don't want to." His smooth deep voice whispered to her as he waited for her response.

     For a moment, she sat in silence and didn't move. Igor knew she was wrestling with herself to decide what to do. He moved to get up and go outside to smoke a cigarette to clear his head, but her silky soft hand stopped him. She glanced up at him with a look of fear and uncertainty in her eyes, but she pulled him back to the couch... back by her side.