27 ѱ I'M DONE (BWWM)

(Tuesday, 08/06/2019 12:06 pm)

NEW BERG COMPOUND MISSOURI

"I need your report," Igor commanded.

"We made contact with a few friends in Oklahoma." Einhueser relayed through the receiver.

"Good. How soon?"

"We're set to intercept the package in about an hour. As you know, there is no crossing state lines."

"This is all good news. I'm on my way to the rendezvous point. Be prepared to run protocol. It's time to end this." The ice in Berg's tone conveyed his eagerness to put the matter to rest.

"We've been ready since you first requested for the team to meet you in Kansas City. This time, I'm willing to bet my life. We won't fail." His tracker assured him.

His gaze drifted back to the papers lying precariously on the desk in his new office. They were copies of three letters once held solely in Cole's possession. Igor had received the documents by carrier minutes after Cole walked away from their final meeting.

Based on the information he'd received; Igor Berg was confident there would be no reason to set his eyes on the young man ever again.

Many secrets hid in the weathered folds and creases of his eyes. Now, it was laid out plain and clear for all to see. It was important for the decision-makers to know the whole truth before punishing all who had willingly broken the code.

With this act, the deceased managed to reach out from the grave and somehow still exude control over the people he had come to call family. But Berg had no legs to stand on. There was no insisting he didn't understand why his life-long friend refused to share these dangerously crippling knowledge grenades.

In reality, all that Cole had faced after he finished his prison sentence would have been the same treatment levied against Jedidiah and Igor if news had spread around about their interactions with black women.

Not one member of the Brotherhood had the right to admonish Bruce for his actions towards Cole and Angel because he was only doing what all members were raised to do. He made it his personal goal to eradicate Cole from everyone's memories because he had crossed the line by getting involved with a black woman.

Even though Bruce had no right to ambush Cole when he first left prison, at this point, Berg had to be careful not to expose himself while dealing with the details surrounding the battle between Bruce and Cole. Should Bruce or his supporters learn that Jedidiah and Igor both ate from the same forbidden tree, he was sure, his life would also be in jeopardy.

Many of his men would be hell-bent-for-leather to annihilate anyone they believed to have made the same unforgivable mistake of allowing a black person into the intimate areas of their lives. It was that understanding of his men that meant he had to end this mess today.

Though Jedidiah had made his peace in the final letter, he apologized for laying down the foundation of an addictively evil and corrosive movement. The beliefs that once consumed him weren't solely the ideas he gained from his father. His decision to create such a repugnant social order was birth from the mixture of heartbreak, rage, social friction, and a love affair gone uncontrollably awry.

Igor Berg saw the outcome of the lies he and his friend had carelessly doused in gasoline and lit with the flames of their youthful rage. Unfortunately, those lies were far worse than any toxic substance because of the many lives they negatively impacted due to what they taught as the tenants of their beliefs to their followers.

"That's why I trust you. No matter what Bruce has to say, he moved without receiving the board's approval. We can't allow anyone to break the rules without being properly sanctioned."