36 ѱ PLOTTING (BWWM)

(Thursday, 08/08/2019 07:11 pm)

"How nice to see you. What a lovely..."

"You don't have to pretend to be glad to see me. I have always been keenly aware of the hatred you've harbored in your heart from me. Even on the day of our first encounter, if looks held power to kill, you would have skinned me alive at first glance. And I'm pretty sure that sentiment never changed as long as I was by his side."

"I will admit it. What you have just said is nothing short of the truth, and for that, I deserve your reproach. I've never been very nice to you, but I hope you will understand why I was so rude and a bit vicious."

"You mean a lot vicious? Right?"

"Okay, okay... fair enough. I was a lot vicious. But, in my defense, I thought you were just another tramp like the other ones who always drew his attention. When you worked for Slaine, you also handled plenty of the portfolios for those of the same social status as my brother. Because of your prior employment, I'm almost certain you know how common it is for women to come out of the woodwork looking for an ideal situation to ply their trades and grift whatever financial rewards they can. Not one of them sought to do more than lay on their backs or kneel to amass riches without having to work a single day for it in their miserable lives."

Resentment still hung like a thick fog as it laced itself in, out, and all around the words she preached, but there was a sincerity in the woman's eyes pleading with Angel to understand. She allowed herself a moment to consider the truth spoken regardless of the hint of bitterness she sensed after so many years. Angel steeled her nerves reminding herself to focus on completing the task at hand. She needed to take care of some rather delicate business matters, and there was only one person she could recall who might be able to assist her.

With time running out quicker than she imagined it would, she swallowed her resentment and got down to the business of accomplishing her goal.

"I accept your apology, Breane."

"Thank you," She whispered, barely loud enough for anyone to hear.

The two ladies briefly discussed the many improvements Angel had made to the restaurant and how her management team had done a commendable job in Angel's absence. Breane beamed over how successful the younger woman had become in the restaurant business.

Angel LeAnna Brooks once worked diligently behind the scenes to help her clients increase their wealth. With her savvy business investments and her attention to the market trends which closely affected the restaurant industry, she managed to build an empire of her own. Adding eight locations to the roster of establishments under her financial portfolio propelled her to a higher social status since the women met.

"I must say I am tremendously impressed by your work. You know mom keeps a close eye on you. She can't wait to rub it in my nose at every turn that you have become quite successful in your own right. Every time she hears your name in the social impact organizations, she clamors about how much she regrets that you didn't become her daughter-in-law. Honestly, she's is very proud of you."

"How are Mr. and Mrs. Pritchard doing?"

"Quite well. It was hard on mom for a time, but I think she's made peace with it, but enough about my parents. How are you?" The question caught Angel off guard. She figured it was in poor taste to discuss Cole with KB's sister, but there was no other way around it, considering why she had asked to speak to her in the first place.

"Honestly, that's the reason I'm here."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... I met someone nearly two years ago, and..." She hesitated.