Chapter 3

Back to college. Great. One more thing to add to my list of worries. Yay. To be known as the girl who has never been kissed really rolls of the tongue. Yeah, I guess I'm kinda pretty, in my own way, but before the Spring holidays, I was a loner. I have no friends who actually wanna be around me. I guess it WAS my first year at a new college, but now I have the rest of the year to become popular. That's my main goal. I want to put my home- life drama behind me and concentrate on getting through college. One way or another.

And that starts with a cute outfit. I picked out a dark red jumper and a beige checkered skirt. Pretty casual for the first day back after the Holiday. Right? It was casual, comfy and I think I look strangely sexy. Ticks all the boxes. I put on some place shoes and got my school bag. All ready. Now alI had to do was walk Louis to school and be on my way. Oh crap! Louis! Louis! He was still asleep! And if dad finds out that he isn't even nearly ready for school, then it'll be my head on a stick.

I ran to his room and shook him awake.

"Louis! Get up, you're gonna be late for school. Brush your teeth and get ready!" I shout-whisper to him as he stirs in his wake. He stumbles to his feet after a few moans and groans and stomped to the bathroom.

Ugh. So much for a new start. I was gonna get late for college and I'll get detention and then I'll have a bad reputation and- calm down Kaylee. You'll be fine. Oh God, I hope so.

As me and Louis left the house, I couldn't stop thinking about walking through the gates and meeting all my new future friends. And Ferris. I'm surprised I haven't mentioned him yet. Ferris is this super cute boy that I've had a crush on since the start of college. He has jet black hair and these sexy brown eyes. And I can't stop staring at him whenever I see him. I don't think he knows that I like him, he hasn't really acknowledged my existence since we were friends as kids. He's kind of popular, like a loner- popular person. All the girls fall at his feet, like me, and he's never really acted upon it, from what I see.

I hadn't realised that Louis was suspiciously silent. I took his hand into mine as we walked down the street.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, eyeing the top of his head.

Louis sighed, looking up at me.

"Nothing."

He's lying through his teeth.

LI know you're lying."

"No I'm not!" He whimpered almost breaking out into tears. I squeezed his hand as a sign of comfort. This was something we had in common, neither of us were very good at talking about our feelings. So I left it, he'll let me in eventually. Maybe. Hopefully.

We reached Louis' school. He quickly let go of my hand and ran through the gates to his friends. I was so happy for hi,. He found his safe haven. I've yet to find mine. I watched as Louis caught up with his friends. He looked so happy, a huge smiles on his little face.

I walked to school, only a fifteen minute walk from Louis' school my entire body was shivering as it is freezing in England and I forgot to bring my coat. Great.

I got to the entrance of the college gates and stopped. This is it. This is where my new life begins. At these college gates. I took a step forward and the first person I see was this dark skinned girl. I don't recognise her so I stepped a little closer. Who is that? The girl stood there with her arms crossed over her chest and she was looking around. She wore a flowery dress with jeans underneath it. Okay, so her fashion sense wasn't... the best, but at least she was trying. I walked up to her, she looks like she needs a friend.

"Hey," I say, smiling at her.

She looked at me and smiled back. I could see the fear in her eyes. The fear of starting a new school. The same fear I had in my eyes when I started.

"Hey, erm, if you don't mind me asking, but do you have a spare set of clothes?"

I looked at the girl. Did she seriously just ask me that?

"No, sorry. Why do you need a spare?" The girl laughed.

"My mum forced me to wear this and I really don't want to walk around college looking like this."

"There's... There's nothing wrong with your clothes." I told her hesitantly, looking her up and down. People start pouring in through the gates, giving her quick glances, while some stared at her as they walked past. "Sorry, I'm Kaylee."

"Hi Kaylee, I'm Sophia."

Sophia. Nice name.

'9Do you know where your first lesson is, Sophia?" I asked her, hoping it was the same as mine.

'"I have Psychology." She said. "I'm in Mrs Miller's class."

"Oh. Do you know... Do you know where you're going?"

"I'll find my way."

I slowly walk away from her, feeling her eyes on the back of my head.

I walked into the classroom, still thinking about my encounter with Sophia. We were really alike, me and her. She was confident but shy and I was shy but confident. I sat in my place, following the seating plan on the front board. I was sitting next to Tyler. Me and Tyler used to talk, but we weren't officially 'friends'. We would hang out for about five minutes after a lesson that we were in together and then we would part ways. Before the holidays, Tyler got a girlfriend and we stopped hanging out and I got lonely.

I saw Tyler walk in and I smiled at him. He didn't see me. He looks at the board and saw who he was sitting next to and I swear his face dropped. Not that I care for anything, it I wanted him to be happy that he was sitting next to me. We were 'kind of' friends a couple of weeks ago and now we are more distant than ever. Tyler slowly dragged himself towards me. His eyes still hadn't met mine. I tried not to think much of it, but my heart still raced as he slumped into the chair next to me. What is wrong with me? I looked at him and tapped him on his shoulder. Tyler sighed and looked at me.

"What?" He asks, a little aggressively. I instantly regret trying to talk to him.

"I... I just wanted to say hi."

"Ok."

I watched the front of the classroom as the teacher came in. This is going to be an interesting lesson.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I'm currently revising for exams so the updates might not come that frequently.
-H🤍