Chapter 47

Summer came and went faster than I wanted it to. Me and Ferris spent almost everyday together, hanging out, kissing, having sex. We never talked about how we'd break up the day he got on that train to the airport.

That day is today. I've finished getting ready, and checking up on Louis, who decided to spend the summer with mum and came home today, before I left for the train station. It's too early to even function, but it was my last chance to see him before he left.

Dad has hardly been home this summer. I'm pretty sure he was wasting his money in drinking until he pissed in an empty car park. I didn't really care, as long as I leave this house when I turn eighteen, taking Louis with me.

After dropping him off at his friends house, I take the bus to the nearest stop to the frisent station, which was a street away. I ended up running down the road, dodging old people who think it's acceptable to be athletic this early.

I rush down the stairs, my heart beating against my chest when I see him, leaning against this suitcase, glancing at his watch.

"Ferris!"

He looks up. I run into his arms and he lifts me up, spinning me.

"I thought you weren't gonna make it." He says when he puts me back onto the ground. I don't stop hugging him.

"Of course I was gonna make it."

"You look really beautiful." He whispers, running his palm over the top of my head. "I hate that I'm not gonna see you for who knows how long."

"We'll be okay," I assure him, stepping back. "Right?"

Ferris nods his head slowly. "Yeah." His voice comes out as a whisper. "We'll be okay."
He smiles at me. I smile back.

And, this was it. This is where we break up, and go our separate ways. This is where the pain comes back and refuses to leave. This is where the beginning of our journey ends.

I always knew that Ferris was the only person who ever truly understood me. He was the only one who knew when there was something wrong. He was the only one I could open up to about my family life. And now, he was leaving.

My whole life, I was always in the background. I never saw myself as special, or different. People forget me really easily, except from him. In a room full of people who were colourful, I was painted in black and white. I guess that's what lead us to each other because he was dressed in black as well.

I wouldn't change our experience for anything. In the end, I found the love of my life. I found the true love I've been waiting my whole life for, and I wouldn't change it for anything, because Ferris is the one good thing that came out of a shit childhood.

I love him. And, hell, it was the worst time in the world to tell him, but he needed to know. I look up at him. He smiles down at me.

"I love you, Ferris." I whisper, rubbing my thumb against his cheek.

His eyes waver, tears spilling from them. He pulls me into his chest his arm going around my waist.

"I love you, too. So much." He whispers into my hair.

And then, we're kissing. The whole world stops around us. Every noise, every problem, evaporates the moment our lips touch. My soul ignites, my body is lit on fire and my heart turns to dust. My fingers sizzle from where they touch his skin and my lips sting.

"Fearghus." He whispers against my lips, and I pull back.

"What?"

"My name." His breath hits my skin in short, warm puffs. "It's Fearghus."

"Wait, seriously? That's such a cool name! Why would you change it?"

"Because of you. I want my name to be something that you call me, Kaylee. I love you, I really do."

DOORS CLOSING IN FIVE MINUTES.

The warning rings through the station, and Ferris looks behind him at the train.

"This is it." He whispers, interlocking our fingers. "We break up now."

I nod my head. Ferris presses his lips to my head and whispers, "Till the next time you capture my heart."

I smile, forcing myself not to cry anymore than I already have. Ferris pulls back and picks up his suitcase by the handle. He turns away from me and walks towards the train. When he turns back, he mouths the words, I love you and I say them back.

Then, he's on the train. The doors close. And my future travels away.

***

Me and Tyler sit in a pub that doesn't ID, wallowing in our own self pity.

"I can't believe he's gone." I mumble, taking a sip of my coke.

"I'm sure he'll be back pretty soon. You're pretty irresistible." Tyler smiles at me, pressing a palm into my shoulder. "I'll give him two weeks."

"Ugh. I wish." I drop my head to the table, wanting to cry all over again. "I'd rather he came back now. I want him to turn the plane around and come back to me."

"I don't think it's physically possible for him to turn the plane around, Kay." Tyler says, his voice blending in with the sound of the rest of the pub. "We should probably go, it's getting dark."

I stumble to my feet and me and Tyler walk out. He tries to talk to me but I don't hear him. All I hear is the sound of my heart beating. Way too slow. Like it can't function without Ferris.

And then, I almost jump out of my skin when a shadow appears in front of me. And it's weird, because I recognise the man in front me.

He looks like... no, it can't be. Is it...? He steps forward. My body freezes. My skin pales. My mouth hangs slightly open.

"Daniel?"

A/N: Aaaaaaand, we're done!

How'd you like the cliffhanger? Expected? No?

Anyways, I'm gonna write all that I wanna write in the authors note so, see ya there!

-H 🤍