Chapter 36

Christina let me borrow one of her dresses for the party. It was a Hunter green, wrapped, spaghetti dress that ended mid thigh. It was a low-cut that tightened around my waist and made my ass look bigger. I wasn't gonna deny that I look good. So good that Ferris is going to wish that he didn't lie to me because I'm planning on getting laid tonight. And it sure as hell isn't going to be with him.

I arrive at Ashley's house a couple minutes after Christina, who waits patiently outside the bustling house for me. I bring her in for a hug before we walk hand in hand. As soon as we enter the room, my eyes instantly search for Ferris.

I find him in the far corner, a bottle of beer in his hands. He was dressed down in a hoodie and grey joggers. Phew baby. As if sensing my presence, his dark eyes flicker to mine and they roam over my body. I see him lick his bottom lip and when he pushes himself off the wall, I look away from him and grab Christina, dragging her towards the dance floor.

I grind up against her in tune to the upbeat song in the background. My eyes find Ferris' again and I watch as his facial expression changes instantly. His hooded eyes scan my entire attire, lingering on my ass. I smirk at him before turning around and wrapping my arms around Christina's neck.

"I think every guy's eyes are on you, babe." Christina shouts over the music, grinning at me. "Take your pick."

She lets me go and I turn around, still sensing Ferris' eyes on me. I ignore the desire and strut into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of vodka from the fridge. I pop it open and attach it to my lips. As soon I gulp my first few drops, I feel a presence behind me. Arms wrap around my waist and small kisses are planted on my neck.

"Christina could see you." I tell him nonchalantly, pulling away from him.

"Right, yeah... sorry." I don't reply to him so he carries in talking. "You looked really hot out there. I wish it was me you were grinding on, though." He laughs a little.

"I did look hot, didn't I?" Ferris nods his head. "Every guy in this place thought so. Which one should I pick?"

I lean into Ferris' body heat as he stiffens. I puff out my chest so that he has a direct eye-line to my boobs.

"What? Why would you be picking a guy?" He asks, confused.

"Because I'm planning on getting laid tonight. Should I go for him? Or maybe him- no him!" I point at random guys, enjoying the reaction it got from the dark haired boy next to me.

He instantly stands in front of me, pinning me to the counter behind me.

"None of them. The only guy you'll be picking is me. Me. If you want to get fucked, I'll gladly fuck you, Kaylee. You won't get the satisfaction that you oh so dearly crave from them. Only I can give that to you." He rasps into my ear, making my insides all bubbly.

But still, I carry on messing with him. I push him away slightly, looking behind his broad shoulders.

"What about him? He has big feet. You know what they say about big feet..."

Ferris sighs before dropping his head into the space between our bodies. Just as he opens his mouth, his phone pings and he takes it out, another sigh passing through his lips. He swipes his phone before staring at the notification he just got. His eyes flicker over to me and then back to his phone.

"What?" I say, trying to get a look a this screen.

He zooms in on the image and his nostrils flare, his jaw locking.

"Ferris, what's wrong?" I immediately drop the ruse I was playing and show concern.

I barely have time to conduct a proper thought before he grabs my hands and drags me behind him. I struggle to walk in the heels I was wearing and I end up holding onto his bicep for support. We end up in a bedroom and Ferris locks the door behind him. Before I can question anything, his phone is shoved into my face and I see the picture he's showing me. It's me and Micheal in the background. The position we're in looks— especially to Ferris— really suspicious. I was standing in front of Micheal and he leaning forward. To Ferris, it looks like he's kissing me but he was just keeling over with laughter. He was laughing.

"What the fuck is this? The same night you were kissing me you were also kissing this dickhead?" Ferris turns the phone off and shoves it into his pocket before crossing his arms over his chest.

He didn't sound angry, he sounded... hurt.

"No— he was laughing. The angle just makes it look really bad but I promise... nothing happened between me and Micheal."

"Why was he even there? Did you invite him?"

"No. He was a plus-one. I didn't even know he was gonna be there." I walk towards the bed and flop onto it, kicking off my heels.

Ferris joins me on the bed, leaving a little bit of space.

"What's going on with you, today? Everything was going great." He sounds genuinely confused and concerned.

"Everything was going great. And then Chris drops the bombshell that you took her to the same restaurant you took me to." I look over to Ferris.

He huffs and drops his head into his hands.

"Fucks sake— that's what this is about? I took you both there because it's a good restaurant. All the other places in the area are shit and I wanted you to eat something nice." He mumbles, lifting his head.

"So you took me to the same place you took every other girl?"

"Every other girl? You're acting like I've slept with the entire female population. I've only ever slept with three people."

"Including my best friend." And then it hit him. Exactly what was making me so upset.

His eyes widen in realisation. I can't believe how stupid I've been. Why didn't I ask him if he slept with Chris before I got with him? This is a breach of the girl code. Chris is definitely not going to accept this relationship, especially when she's seen and done much more with him than I, his girlfriend, has.

"Kaylee-"

"Why didn't you tell me? This whole thing could have been avoided if you had just told me."

"How was I supposed to tell you something like that? Hey Kaylee, I'm completely and irrevocably obsessed with you and I can't stop thinking about you and you're the thought I fall asleep to, oh and I slept with your best friend. Be with me?" Ferris shrugs his shoulder at me.

I'm completely and irrevocably obsessed with you. Ferris just said those words to me. And hell, it left me stumped.

"Along those lines, yes. All in all, I needed you to tell me. Now, I look like a fool, dating you when you fucked Christina!"

"I only slept with her once, Kaylee. Before I knew she was your friend and before I got to know you all over again."

"I'm not mad that you slept with her, Ferris. I'm pissed that you didn't tell me." Ferris knelt in front of me, caressing my calves with his fingers.

"I should have told you, I understand that now. And I'm sorry, that was a shitty move. But please, don't break up with me. Don't do that." My heart breaks as he begs me not to break up with him.

"I'm not gonna break up with you, Ferris. That's the last thing I want to do." He breathes a sigh of relief and drops his head onto my lap.

I run my fingers through his hair and close my eyes, taking the cleanest breath of air I've taken in a while.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He mumbles.

"Just... don't keep things from me in the future."

"I won't, I definitely won't..." Ferris looks up and moves his head up.

His lips lightly skim mine before I pull him up and plant his lips on mine properly. He falls on top of me and his body crushes mine.

"Not here, god knows what's happened on this bed. Come home with me?" Ferris mumbles against my neck.

Hell yeah.

A/N: The next chapters are very... eventful😏.

I had so much fun writing this chapter and I finished it all off in one go.

The next chapter will be released on Monday!

-H 🤍