Chapter 22

My hand is still wrapped around Ferris' as we leave the college gates. I know I'm taking a huge risk not returning to my history class and missing my last period. I even had to meet Sophia and Christina in the canteen today but I guess I'll have to tell them that something came up.

'So, that Tyler guy, he dated Ashley before the break right?'

'Yeah...' I say, not wanting this topic to come up.

'And they broke up?'

'Yep.' What's with his sudden interest in Tyler?

'Cool.'

'It's not cool, Ferris, it's sad.'

His hand is removed from my grip and his eyes are piercing through mine.

'What's so sad about it?'

'Everything,' I whisper, my face inching closer and closer to his.

'Define everything.' He says. Teasing me by not kissing me.

'What are we doing?' I ask, trying to change the subject.

A small smile creeps onto his face.

'I don't know, what are we doing?'

'I think we're about to kiss...' I whisper, slowly wrapping my arms around his neck.

'Do you want to kiss me?' I ask him, just wanting to be sure.

He nods his bed before licking his lips and leaning closer into me. The tingling sensation evaporates all over my body, leaving little trails in their wake.

I inch my head a little closer, brushing my lips against his, beseeching for more of his taste. Our lips slowly join, moving steadily together. A small gasp leaves my mouth as Ferris' tongue swipes my lips before pushing through the barrier and kneading the inside of my mouth. Powerfully, he places his hand on my waist, bringing me closer to him. My lips wrap around his tongue, pulling it towards me before letting it recoil back into my mouth. A slight groan leaves Ferris' mouth as he squeezes my body closer to his. I am fully aware that we are standing on the street with a couple of cars speeding past but nothing is going to stop me from this full sensation. I rake my hand through his hair, pulling at the roots and resting my other hand on his torso. I can feel the hard muscles under his shirt contrast as he pushes his tongue further into my mouth. Pulling back, I find the breath to ask him,

'Where are we going?'

Ferris' eyes are closed and his breathing heavy, reminding me of how I had left Tyler. His eyes leisurely open, the dark brown hazelnut of his eyes piercing through me.

'Anywhere you want. This is our chance to get to know each other better.'

Gradually, I let go of Ferris, only holding on to his hand as we resume walking down the street.

'We could get something to eat, I'm quite hungry.' I answer.

'Still?' He questions, a smirk playing on his face. I playfully swat him on the arm, smiling to myself on the inside.

'We could go to that italian restaurant a couple blocks away?' He suggests, slightly squeezing my hand.

'Okay, great.' I agree, needing to fill up my empty stomach.

'I just need to go home and get my car and then we can go, okay?'

'You have a car?'

'Yeah, I just don't bring it to college.' He says as we cross the main road.

'Let's go get your car then.'

***

I stand outside Ferris' house, it is not that much bigger than mine. I watch as Ferris runs down the driveway, opens and unlocks his car, gesturing towards me to come in.