Chapter 31

I knock on the door twice, waiting for someone to let me in. When the door is opened, all the mess from last night's party has been cleared, and the house looks good as new. Christina stands in front of me, her dark hair flowing off of her shoulders in loose curls. She has no makeup on and her face looks clear and plain, showing off her natural beauty. A cardigan drapes around her shoulders and her plain joggers are dirty as they rest on her hips.

"Hey, I have a banging headache." She randomly states as she lets me into her amazing mansion- like house. "I'm so sorry that your party didn't go to plan."

She looks down shamefully.

"I didn't mean to get drunk so quickly, or to throw myself at Ferris... Again." My heart skips a beat as Christina talks about him, I hate keeping this secret from her, but she's still not fully over him, so dropping this bomb on her won't do very well with our friendship.

"It's okay Christina, I don't do a lot for my birthday anyways." I assure her, avoiding the last part of her confession.

"Did you do anything with your parents?" She asks with pure curiosity. I think about this before I answer. I don't want to tell her the truth about my family life, so I just say the first thing that comes to my mind.

"We used to when I was younger, but now we just... give presents." I let out a silent sigh after Christina didn't question me.

"Right." Christina walks further into her house and I instinctively follow her.

"Well, the presents that me and Sophia got for you are right through here, in the living room."

I see that Christina has laid the presents that she and Sophia have gotten in a pile on the glass coffee table in the middle of the old fashioned house. They vary from big boxes to small out of shape things in wrapping paper. A small gasp leaves my mouth as I see the amount of gifts on the table, I have never had this much presents for such a pointless day. My dad has never bothered to get me anything except a small rushed card from the Card Factory and my mum, at most, has only ever bought me two presents. Our Christmas' are spent at a relatives house, so we never really exchange gifts until we get home. Even then, we never really get a lot.

Christina gestures to the huge sofa on the side of the coffee table, and I can't help the huge smile on my face as I sit down.

"Okay, so this one is from me." She says as she picks up one of the bigger presents and places it in my lap.

My hands shake as I pull the wrapper off of it, slowly pulling away the wrapping paper and opening the box inside of it. My eyes scan the contents as my heart leaps out of my chest. I gasp a little as I see what it is and I look at Christina, who is smiling proudly.

"I know how much you love art, so I got you a bunch of supplies. I don't really know what they are, or what you're supposed to do but-"

I place the box on the sofa next to me and I leap into Christina's arms, who staggers back from the impact. She relaxes into the hug and wraps her small arms around me.

"Thank you so much!" I say into her shoulder, squeezing her tightly.

As I release her and sit back down on the sofa, she places another present in my lap, this one from Sophia. I open the many layers of wrapping paper and in it is a photo album, slightly filled with pictures of the three of us.

"She probably would have wanted you to open it infront of her but neither of us can reach her so..." I nod my head.

I flick through the book, noticing the empty spaces which I can gradually fill. A smile finds its way onto my face as I remember the silly pictures that we took together. The last picture in the book is a cute one of me and Sophia, her hair photobombing the image.

I finally reached the last of the presents. I got a couple of snacks and some expensive outfits from Christina. The remaining gift sits on the coffee table.

"I don't recognize this one... It's probably from someone that was at the party."

She passes it to me and I hesitantly open it, being careful of the contents inside. As soon as I see it, I gasp. And I know exactly who it was from. Ferris. A pink wooden heart sits on my lap, the words 'you and I' engraved into the middle. Ferris got me this for my birthday.

"Ooh, who's that from?" Christina asks, flopping next to me.

"I don't... know." I answer, tracing the heart with my finger.

"You have a secret admirer." She answers back, smiling widely at me.

"It's... so pretty." Quickly, I stand to my feet. "I have to go."

"Oh... Okay. My dad probably would have made you go anyways."

"Sorry to cut it short." I gather the gifts into my arms and place them carefully into the bag that Christina had left for me.

And just like that, I had made a decision.

A/N: YAAASSS!

Kaylee finally came to her senses and is going to make a decision about Ferris 👀👀

I have also written the first spicy scene between Ferris and Kaylee and it's... interesting. It's a couple more chapters after this so you'll have to wait a few weeks😏

Have a great day!

-H 🤍