Chapter 35

Me and Christina stood outside of Sophia's house, staring up at the exterior. Her house was bigger than mine, but smaller than Christina's. Me and Christina walk hand in hand to the door but before we can knock, the door flies open and Sophia stands there. Her eyes are puffy and her was a tangled mess on her head. Christina strap up and wraps her arms around, capturing her body. Sophia was engulfed by Christina's tall build, it was like she disappeared behind a ruff of smoke.

"Hey, sweetie." Christina coos. "What's been going on, darling?" She moves back and let's me bring Sophia in for a hug.

"Erm... let's go upstairs. To my room." Sophia says, slowly moving away from the front door.

Me and Christina follow her upstairs and into the room at the furthest end of the corridor. Looking around, Sophia's room was at an average size. She had random things scattered on the floor and it didn't really have a colour scheme.

We all sit on the poster bed and Sophia crosses her arms across her chest and looks as us with so much guilt in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry for being MIA for the past week. I've just had some family problems that I had to deal with by myself." She murmurs, not looking us in the eyes.

"It's okay, Sophia." I say, bringing her in for a hug.

"I'm still sorry, I should have texted or something..." I release her and get comfy on the bed.

Christina speaks up.

"Seriously Sophia, it's fine. Just next time, text us so we don't worry, okay, sweetie?" She chuckles a little. "Just know that you can talk to us about absolutely anything, okay?"

Sophia nods her head.

Me, Christina and Sophia spend the rest of the night together. We end up baking cookies and watching a film.

By the time I got home after picking Louis up, it was almost midnight. Unlocking the door, I creep past my sleeping father who was passed out on the sofa and me and Louis sprint up the stairs.

"Did you have fun at Noah's house?" I ask Louis just before he walks into his room.

"Yeah. His parents are so nice to him." He sulks.

Before I could reply, Louis walks into his room and closes the door behind him. I felt a wave of pain for the poor boy as I stare at the wood of his door. He had his whole life ripped away from him and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it because if I did, my dad would kill me. He would physically kill me. Maybe, in some fucked up away, it was safer for me and Louis to carry in living like this. I didn't want to live the rest of my life without any of my parents.

Dad needed help. That much was absolutely certain about this whole situation. He needed therapy and he needed to go to rehab otherwise he would keep hurting me and Louis. He would keep on putting his hands on us like he did with mum.

It makes me wonder if he ever loved any of us. If he actually wanted to be with mum and have kids with her and commit to her.  If you love someone, why would you intentionally hurt them? Why would you intentionally put them through the worst pain they've ever been in? Why would you leave half of your family behind because they made a mistake? Is that what a father is supposed to do?

***

"What does sex mean to you?"

"You want the honest truth?" Christina asks over the phone. "It doesn't mean shit. People make it such a big deal to hold on to your virginity and be an innocent little angel. But you can be a virgin and have a dirty mind. You can be fucking a random dude and not know a thing about BDSM. As long as you're being careful, sex isn't that much of a big deal."

"BDSM?"

"Girl. Seriously? Bondage, domination, submission and masochism."

"Huh...?" I place her on speaker as I finish my newest art drawing.

"Never mind. Anyways... are you ready to be deflowered yet?" I could hear the smirk in her tone.

"I think so..." I know I shouldn't talk to Christina about sleeping with the guy she messed around with but if I'm not name dropping, she can assume that I'm talking about a random dude.

"Fucking finally! Who with? Do you have a certain person in mind or is it gonna be the first guy who hits on you tonight?" Me and Christina were going to a party tonight but I got distracted by this art project I was setting for myself. "If anything, make sure he has big feet. You know what they say about big feet..."

"What do they say about feet?" I ask, confused.

"Big feet equals big di-"

"Okay! I got the image." I yell as soon as I understand what she's talking about.

"You gotta tell me who it is so I can have a talk with them about treating you properly." Trust me, you don't have to worry about that.

"It'll probably just be a random guy-"

"Wait, is it that tall blonde you were talking to on your birthday?"

I scrunch my eyebrows? What tall blonde- Micheal. I was speaking to Micheal at my party.

"How do you know I was speaking to him?" I ask curiously.

"Did you not see? Someone posted pictures of the party and you were in the background of one of them, talking to a really tall dude."

I breathe a sigh of relief, Christina didn't personally see me talk to Micheal so she couldn't have seen anything that happened between me and Ferris. My paranoia was building and building.

"Oh. No, he's like twenty odd. I met him at a restaurant and he came to the party as a plus-one."

"Which restaurant? I might check it out." If we were face to face, I'm 99.99% that Christina would be wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"Erm..." I rack my brain for the name of the restaurant. "Ricci's Cuisine."

"Oh! Ferris took me there. It seems like a really intimate place. I had a great time." I had to take a minute to compose myself before I reply to her.

Ferris took me a place where he took other girls? That makes me feel so special. Hell, I'm his secret girlfriend but that's my own fault.

I act cool and collected when I answer Christina.

"Oh? You didn't tell me that." My pencil snaps into two from the pressure I had on it.

"Yeah... it was something that I wanted to keep to myself. It was a really romantic experience. Too bad it was all a ruse to get me into bed." Christina mumbles the last sentence but I heard her clear as day.

I almost choke on air. Ferris never told me that he and Christina slept together. I always thought that they went on dates and kissed a couple of times.

I, again, try to sound nonchalant.

"You slept together?" I tried to sound curious, not jealous.

"Didn't you know? We slept together and then we ignored each other. That's kind of how a fling works."

And to think I was willing to give my virginity to that dickhead.

A/N: The next chapter is going to be so fun to write!

I'm so excited and I've got so many ideas that I'm so damn ready to incorporate.

It's gonna be a good one 😉

Get ready for some jealousy.

-H 🤍