Chapter 14

After dropping Louis off to school, I make my way to college, hoping and praying that someone has my phone. I can't lose that phone, it has all my memories in it. Memories about... well, memories about my mum. I know that she still wants me to call her back, but I just can't bring myself to answer her desperate calls. I dream and dream that she would walk through the front door again, holding her suitcase in her hand, with a huge smile spread across her face. But that's just it, a dream.

As I enter the school gates, I look around for Christina or Sophia, wanting to tell them my crisis. Instantly, I spot Sophia walking towards the college building. Knowing that I can't reach her, I stop by the gates and wait for my class to start. Usually I would use my phone to pass the time, but now I don't have that to use, so I guess I just have to wait.

My heart starts to beat rapidly as I see Ferris walk towards me, I remember something about him from the party, but I can't quite put my finger on it. My nervousness escalates as Ferris walks up to me, standing right in front of me with a small smile playing on his face. As I look down, I see that my phone is in his hand.

"Oh my god! You found my phone!" I exclaim, a huge smile spreading on my face.

"Yeah, you left it at the party last night." He says, bringing his arm up to give me my phone.

Electricity shoots through me as his lean fingers slightly stroke my hand.

"Thank you so much!" And before I know it, my arms are wrapped around his shoulders, he staggers back from the shock of my affection, but he soon eases into it, wrapping his hands around my waist, bringing me closer to him.

Common sense hits me and I quickly pull away, smiling at him and walking away. Fast. Oh. My. God. What the heck just happened? Ferris just hugged me! Oh my god. Kaylee, you can't think too much into this, it was just a hug. And you're Christina's friend.

My mind is playing tricks on me, as I vaguely remember moments of last night. I was with Ferris. We were talking. And then... Sophia. And Christina.

Everything is a blur and none of my memories make sense. I just have to talk to Sophia and everything will be cleared up.

I walk towards the buildings, glad that I see Tyler perched against the wall of the building, his head down, looking at the phone resting in his hand. I run towards him, hoping to catch up before we have to go to class. As soon as he sees me his face drops. I stop running and slowly walk towards him, hoping he's not upset with me.

"Hey," I hesitantly say.

Without looking at me, he replies, "Hi."

"What's up?" I ask.

"Nothing," He replies, finally looking at me.

I take a step closer to him.

"Are you okay? You seem distant. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just really wanted to talk to you yesterday but you were busy so..."

Oh no.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I ask, hoping it's not what I think it is.

"I- There's no time now, I'll talk to you later."

And with that, he turns on his heel and enters the building.

What does he need to tell me? I hope it's not what I think it is... As I drag myself into the building, through the doors to the biology department, I can't help thinking that Tyler's news isn't very good, that it will make the whirlwind of my life a little more complicated.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

The next one will be released next Monday.

-H 🤍